Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
ok i have cheaked my brakes and they are all fine but my brake light is on some one told me the it may be my ABS system sencor down by my wheel because it only come on when i take off from the light or when i turn a corner then when i hit the brake th elight will go off but now the light just stays on what could it be

97 contour sport homemade intake 2.25" pipe from cat back to stainless muffler superchip painted front grill on order 1.8" intrax springs NOS kit and 17" rox RX4 rims
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Low brake fluid level!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Originally posted by Andy W.:
Low brake fluid level!

-Andy

Definitely. The real question is why? Brake fluid doesn't just disappear. Fill the reservoir up to the fill line and then find the leak.

Scott

Troll! '99 BMW 328i
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
will that was my first guess so checked that out and the levels was on point

97 contour sport homemade intake 2.25" pipe from cat back to stainless muffler superchip painted front grill on order 1.8" intrax springs NOS kit and 17" rox RX4 rims
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
It's a run-on sentence warning.

Seriously...even if you think it's not too low, add a little fluid to the reservoir, just an ounce or so, and see if the warning light stays off. And it doesn't get low just becuase of leaks, it usually happens simply because as the pads wear, the pistons stay farther out of their bores, creating capacity in the system that causes the reservoir level to drop. For that reason, it's often a tip-off that you're getting close to needing new pads.

Pacific Green '96 Contour LX V6 â??98 GTP, light mods, 14.66/94 Calypso Green '92 Mustang LX coupe, 13.56/101 Crown Autocross Club 1999 Street Tire Champion, 2000/2001/2002 Street Modified Champion KCR SCCA 2002 Solo II Street Modified Champion
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
There are two things that will turn the dash brake warning light on.

First is low fluid in the master cylinder resivoir. There is a sensor that reads the level. Even if the fluid level is full, a bad sensor can make the light come on (although this is rare). The fluid can be low enough to set the light without any leaks. As the brakes wear, fluid migrates to the larger volume of the calipers and wheel cylinders from the caliper pistons or wheel cylinder cups moving out with the brake lining wear. This can be an indication that you should inspect your brakes to see how they are wearing.

Second is the park brake release. If the park brake is on, the same light on the dash comes on. If the park brake is not fully released, the light can stay on. If the park brake light switch is defective, the light can stay on. It is rare for the switch to fail, but is is common to find that you have not fully released the park brake.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard