Next Thread
Print Thread
#757997 09/27/03 04:20 PM
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
Is there any way to tell if the roller bearings came off the tri pod on the axel shaft with out removing the cv boot?
I installed camber kits on my car and the axels popped out a couple of times.everything went back together ok.How much play should there be in the cv joint when you spin the tire?

98 silverfrost svt 2002 Explore sport trac silver birch 2000 volvo s40 89 Izuzu I-Mark rs(handeling by lotus) what a joke
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
My bet it was the drivers side, anyway. If you have the "Earless" boot clamp pliers its not too difficult to loosen the clamp and make sure it is together correctly. When putting it back together, it helps to have a friend, from the wheel well area, hold the clamp close to its closed/locked position and you work the pliers from under the car. I had this happen to me when I did my struts and I got a dimple in the boot and while I got the dimple out and the rollers back in the tripod, the boot riped at the dimple area, and I had to put on a new boot kit. Hope you have a service manual, it has some good tips.

T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
could you get the joint back together with the bearings off?

98 silverfrost svt 2002 Explore sport trac silver birch 2000 volvo s40 89 Izuzu I-Mark rs(handeling by lotus) what a joke
E
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
E
When you loosen the reusable earless clamp, if it is the drivers side that doesn't have enough clearance for the higher profile boot clamp and pull the large end of the boot off the "inboard CV joint stub shaft pilot bearing housing". The part still in the transaxle, you'll see if the rollers or bearings are still on the tripod.

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by trek7000:
Is there any way to tell if the roller bearings came off the tri pod on the axel shaft with out removing the cv boot?
I installed camber kits on my car and the axels popped out a couple of times.everything went back together ok.How much play should there be in the cv joint when you spin the tire?

What camber kits???

How much offset???

How much are you lowered???

If the knuckles are too far from the tranny case you will continue to have this problem.

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard