Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
alright, i have a T-red SVT, but i'm 16-- the insurance on it is crazy. would it be so wrong if i painted the SVT not one of it's signature colors? like maybe...really dark blue or an audi-esque blue? i was thinking black also, but it's really hard to keep clean. so...you guys think i shouldn't leave the SVT color palatte or what?

'99 T-red SVT w/ some mods
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Just my .02 but I think that whatever color you paint your car is your opinion, there are a few dark blue ones and some that are black with blue pearl here are some pics of Moes car black with blue pearl clearcoat http://www.fototime.com/inv/6C0557F6E7EAA63. I am painting mine black with a copper clearcoat, truth of the matter is that a CSVT is always going to be a CSVT no matter what color it is, in a different color it will just be even more stunning. But like I said this is just my opinion.

Still workin on her!!!!!!!
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
I'm not getting what you are asking.... I got the whole repainting part, but are you wanting to do it because of insurance?

Over on the Camaro message boards, there have been many discussions about a V6 to a V8 swap. Interestingly enough, some have said that if you go from a V6 to a V8 the car is still billed on the V6's rate for insurance. While this sounds nice, for emissions purposes the V8 is also tested and placed under V6 regulations in order to pass. Back to the point, since paint color is used to identify the car from a distance, it would probably need to be changed on the insurance card, but would fall under a custom paint category and wouldn't help the rates any. I could be wrong... I have yet to repaint any one of my cars a different color.

Insurance is done by VIN only. Any modifications done to the car don't matter to the insurance company. If you have a 2.5 T-Red SVT, expect to be billed for one through insurance till you get rid of it.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Man i'd die to have my SVT to be T-RED! (mine is silver, just doesn't shine as well as the T-Red). But if you must, i don't think its a big deal painting your ride something outside the SVT palette.. Just as long as it isn't that Ricer 99 Honda Civic Si "BLUE." I could picture that Audi Blue on the SVT. Shoot, if anyone ever keyed my car, i'd paint it "Liquid Grey," Fords grey that they slap on Focus and some of the newer Mustangs and i even saw an SVT Lightning with the color. Paint your ride then post it! good luck.

Jeff Silva E0 Contour SVT Silver -STEEDA PEDALS -K&N Drop In -Ford Racing Wires (w/Bosch +2's) -Cleared Headlights -Yokohama AVS ES100's -Alpine CDA7893 w/MBQuartz -EUROLITE 9006/893
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by 2svts:
... here are some pics of Moes car black with blue pearl clearcoat http://www.fototime.com/inv/6C0557F6E7EAA63. ...

the link didn't work for me...but i'd love to see a pic of that car

CEG\'er
CEG\'er

Still workin on her!!!!!!!
J
Veteran CEG\'er
OP Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
J
thanks
neone else's opinions?

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by jmgilman:
neone else's opinions?

Keep it T-red

You're 16. Getting a decent paint job is extraordinarily expensive unless your parents are footing the bill. In addition, the cost to paint it will outweigh what you pay excess in insurance (which if anything is minimal) for the time you own the car.

You have a gorgeous color as it is anyway!!!! What I'd give to have a T-red SVT!

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
It's you car. Paint it any color you want.

Just be aware that painting a car is not cheap and changing colors when painting a car is more work and even more expensive.

In 1975 I bought a 1972 Ranchero. It was special order factory painted bright orange with a silver GT stripe. I intended to paint it dark brown metalic (root beer brown). I never did. It was still orange when I finally sold it about 12 years later. Not only was I worried about the expense and quality of changing colors, I just received too may compliments on the color.

My red SVT still receives compliments even now that it is six years old.

Jim Johnson 98 SVT 03 Escape Limited
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
I don't think insurance is that expensive, i pay only like 59 dollors a month. Even though i have an silver se i think its the same rate as yours. I'm also 16. I love the Red color on our cars. but i'm kinda partial to silver. Just how much will you save by repainting your car, i'm just wondering.

Tony Datsenko
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard