Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
The snoop in your coupe: data recorders interest parents, police

Nothing surprising in the technology...but what about the hypothetical applications?

1998 E1 SVT - Toreador Red Production #4794 of 6535 Build date: 2/25/1998
F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
I'm so glad I'm not a teenager today cause that box would get tossed out my window. I'll bet the auto companies are HATING this idea too...how are they going to market SRT-4's and cars like that to teenagers who get caught everytime they speed?

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
All I have to say is that I pity the family that has these in the childrens' cars. If my parents had done something like this to, I would have been the most rebellious and a$$hole-ish child to them. Complete BS. If you are in favor of this device, I'd like to slap you across the face with a stinky fish.

99 Silver CSVT
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Bring on the slap. I'd like to know how my kids are driving. I'd like to see them return home in one piece as well as their friends.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I hope there's a "stealth" mode on these things...that way the parents can choose to record without the kids knowing it's even there...I think that would be more effective.

Nick Johnson 87' & 88' Thunderbird TC 96' Contour SE Midnight Red ATX
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Originally posted by deftoned989:
All I have to say is that I pity the family that has these in the childrens' cars. If my parents had done something like this to, I would have been the most rebellious and a$$hole-ish child to them. Complete BS. If you are in favor of this device, I'd like to slap you across the face with a stinky fish.

When a child/teenager does something wrong, aren't we the same society that whines and cries "Where were the parents?" and "The parents are at fault - they need to be more involved" etc. etc.?

Do I agree with it? Maybe - depends who has access to the "results".

Do I think it's a good idea in monitoring kids' driving? Yes.

Like my parents always said - you live under our roof, you follow our rules.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
As long as the car is in the parents name, under the parents insurance, and as the parents are held accountable for the actions of their own minor misbehaving...hell yes, put it in the car. If I'm gonna lose everything I own & face possible jail time for something a mindless brat of my loins does then F#%k'm! Of course, I don't have kids so what do I know...

If they want to pay for the car & ins. themselves (in their own name) thats another story then.

1999 Sportage 4x4...don't go there, it was free ....______o_o .../_l l__\____\ ..|--l l__----[]\|/[] .....................oo =( )_)----( )_)--)_)
D
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
D
I'm suprised that Sports cars haven't been banned yet.. I guess insurance companies have too much money to be made from them.

98.5 Contour SVT "Too many OB/GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country" --US President George W Bush
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
Truck drivers have had those in their trucks since the 80's. If a parent wants to dig up information on their kid or spouse they can get a telephone recorder and bug the phone. My dad did that and was so angry he would beat the sh*t out of everyone when he got home. He wanted to use the recordings for his divorce but the judge would not let him.

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Originally posted by 7999:
My dad did that and was so angry he would beat the sh*t out of everyone when he got home. He wanted to use the recordings for his divorce but the judge would not let him.

Way TMI.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard