Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Those guys are cool. One lives in that house, the silver one is his friend. Ive never gotten to stop and talk to them but theyre nice when were out cruisin around. Yes Jose its Sandy.

BTW: My new house is just up the road from them a few miles.

00 Black SVT #1545 Ground Control. Koni. 18 Konig Tantrum. More.
Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
waddup dave its dillon the guy that stopped you in albertsons i am tryin to findout who made the projector headlights for the svt contour and how he did it i wanna do it

Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
waddup dave its dillon the guy that stopped you in albertsons i am tryin to findout who made the projector headlights for the svt contour and how he did it i wanna do it mine has a svt sticker in the middle of the front window

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Milan made the projector setup for the 98+. To my knowledge he is no longer building them.

However.... Swazo has installed projectors in his SVT and I have put them into my `96.

· Jon Miconi · Coming Soon! · 01 Cougar · 98 V70R
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'll be doing my high beams shortly and plan on doing a "how-to" finally. I'll have my digi on a tri-pod to take tons of pics through out the process.

I'm also coming up with a few ideas for new direct replacement bezels for projector headlights. I'll be sporting the carbon fiber prototypes for this spring. More info to come shortly

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Please tell me that you are going to use the 90mm highbeams.

*Crosses fingers**

Too bad I dont have your cell. I could have come by tonite and let you take a look at them. I was in SLC for most of the day.

I used stainless steel bowls that I bought at Wal-Mart for the shields in my foglamps.

Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
hey does anyone know how i can make the projectors for 98.5 contour i want some for my svt let me know email me about the info please thanks

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
There has been a lot of lighting talk lately.

You have to decide what style you are looking for. Would you be doing the conversion with form being above function, the same or funtion over form? How much do you want to spend (a good decision maker )?

Would you want something like this?

This?

Or this (not necessarily the Honda though)?

The first one was built by Dion. He removed the back section of the factory lamps, used a carbon fiber plate and mounted the 90mm Hella modules to it.

The second image is Milan's car. He is the one that was building the lights for sale earlier in the year. If you look in the classifieds you *might* find a pair, but he wanted a good chunk of change for them, so you would probably be paying for it. Most (all?) of the units that Milan built were HID. The lamps in Dion's, Milan's, Daymon's and my car are the same. Milan modified the housing to accept the D2S bulb.

The third image is a bare projector out of something that I am not sure. You could go HID right off the bat, and if you have a few extra $$ to spend, get bi-xenon. This piece you would need to build a cutoff shield for the lens to catch any stray light. Its no big deal, I have done it before and it is quite simple. The setup in the Honda will also provide the best results. If you dont have to make room for the housing that the 90mm comes in, it gives you the ability to run a larger piece. The larger projector will have better optics, can be mounted closer to the factory lens (better foreground and less reflected glare), my favorite, can be bought in bi-xenon (low and high). The previous two cannot.

It all depends on the look you want. You wouldnt need to black out the lamps either, but it does hide any bonding materials that you use.

If you go like the first two, you can be halogen for awhile and then when money permits, modify the lamps to accept HID. The third piece would either be halogen or HID. You couldnt (easily and with the same results as the first two) change it over.

The Hella modules that I mentioned are about $54/each without shipping. Even though the second pic looks very badass, I would advise against running the lowbeam unit for highbeams. Hella didnt design the lowbeam projector for distance and it shows when you use it for a high (I have tried it).

When you are done, you will end up with results like this:
Milans lowbeam pattern:

My lowbeam/highbeam pattern (all halogen):

I have been the king of long replys lately.

E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Ok, short reply, because I am too lazy to edit.

There is recent talk about lights in aesthetics and in the group buy forums. Both are clearly labeled and have been active within the last few days. You can take a look at those. Both Daymon and I can answer questions, though Daymon would have the answers of what you would need to watch out for fitting them into the 98+ housing.

I also saved all of the PMs that I had with another CEGer about the lamps that he built. I could let you take a look at those too.

Q
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Q
i like the style in the silver svt alot better then the red svt do you know how i could make me some email me quicksilversvt_419@msn.com

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Keyser Soze 

Link Copied to Clipboard