Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Just wondering from CEG might have the silver SVT that's been on 16th Ave. in south Minneapolis. I live just a block from where I've seen it. It looks like it's been recently purchased as there are dealer ads on the plates. If it's anybody on here, I'm just a block north, stop by sometime if you'd like. My red SVT is parked on the street during the afternoons.

1999 T-Red/tan SVT #1497 of 2760 Mods..
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D

M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
Is there something wrong with my post? Can't somebody be curious as to possibly having another person from this board living only a block away? I'm not sure what forum etiquette I've violated Davo, but there's no need to reply with a string of rolling eyes. Maybe it's because I'm a newbie, huh?

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
There is no etiquette rule that is against posting sightings. In fact, in most other regions (if you look) and amongst us Minnesotans at least, it is a very normal post, and every so often, it is another CEG'er that has been seen.

It is also a common post topic in other car forum's local areas I have visited. The local RX-7 club even prints business cards to place on spotted RX-7's to drum up club membership, giving a membership discount to the person doing the referral.

I do not understand either why you are annoyed with the posts, Davo, but I personally like to see the enthusiasm spilling over into shouting out to others.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
You see, reading about all the car sightings reminds me of all those people you meet that ask you where you went to high school, then take the next ten minutes of your life to ask you if you know every single person they know from that school. It's like great...you know that person....excellent.....now what? In the case of the car sightings it's like...fantastic.....you saw an SVT....sweet, now what? I understand you all may want to find buddies, but I just ask that you first scroll down the NC threads, and chances are you'll find that the person you saw in fact saw you a couple weeks ago.

Sorry to sounds like a scrooge and all, it's just the way I feel.

Z
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Z
I didn't mean to sound annoyed, but socialites like me love to find a common thread as an ice breaker, and enjoy when others do. While the high school one is rather youngish, it is an effective way to find common ground that can be the start of a wonderful conversation or even friendship.

I have had many an enjoyable conversation begun on a single comment, frequently about cars.

Brad "Diva": 2004 Mazda 6s 5-door, Volcanic Red Rex: 1988 Mazda RX-7 Vert, Harbor Blue.
R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Dave's just mad because it's just him and Speed down there in cow country so his circle of friends is pretty small!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
M
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
M
That's kind of what I was thinking too. If you don't like reading about the car sightings, don't read them. They're pretty easy to spot. I see SVT Contours on almost a weekly basis driving around the Cities and I don't post about them. The only reason I posted that was because of the close proximity to my house.

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Rusty, don't start with me man.....you can come to my town any time, and a) you will be OWNED by the beef, and b) you will be owned by the plethora of green shorts-type scenery everywhere (college town baby). And these girls are old enough to drive!!!!

R
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
R
Is that an invite Dave? MMMMmmmmm steak and college girls! My two favorite things to eat.....I mean meat.....oh I mean meet! Being owned by either or both is fine by me baby!

99 Contour Sport SE MTX KKM filter, B&M shifter No res, BAT kit Green car silver hood (because silver is faster)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard