Next Thread
Print Thread
#728342 08/22/03 01:18 PM
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
It actually started a couple weeks ago when I blew out my EGR hose on the Mystique and consequently melted a bunch of vacuum lines. Naturally it happened the day I was moving to Detroit, so I left it and took the SVT.
A couple days later, I plugged the EGR tube and my biggest vacuum leaks and hobbled it over to my parents' house where I eventually replumbed the vac lines and thought about ways to get some proper metal tubing on the EGR. Thing is, now it won't start.
When I turn the key, I get a 'thunk' that sounds like the starter engaging the flywheel, but it doesn't crank. I had something like this when I first put it together, and that turned out to be the connector to the coil pack was loose, but it isn't now.

Any ideas?

'00 CSVT #570 - 3L hybrid '95 Mystique - 2001 3L
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Weak starter?
Weak battery?
Battery cables?

Double check your ground cable to the engine/trans bolt. That seems to be one people tend to forget about. If it still won't crank over, put a breaker bar on the crank bolt and manually twist it over once or twice to make sure it's nothing major...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Maybe its that exhaust you got from me.

Yankeyspeed: American power and ingenuity 95 SE -Stock enough to be overlooked, Quick enough to hold it own. Now driving a 2001 PT Cruiser
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Uh oh. PT boy got let on the net again.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
Any idea why the egr blew. Did you notice a loss in power last time you drove it? I had almost the same kinda thing happen. But mine was cause of precats melting down, which in turn blew up my dpfe sensor and the hoses connecting to the exhaust. After all that it would not start, becuause the exhaust was to plugged up. I would assume you would notice the symtoms leading up to this, so this may not be the case. Just a start though.

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
A
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by yankeyspeed:
Maybe its that exhaust you got from me.

Yeah, that's it!
I suppose it could be related, with all the exhaust leaks closed up it was too much for my crappy heater hose.
One of these days I'm going to dig into it, get it fixed. It's annoying being an hour away in school again.

'00 CSVT #570 - 3L hybrid '95 Mystique - 2001 3L
Y
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Y
Yeah it make it harder to work on your car. It would be great to walk out and do 20 minutes work or so every day without the drive.

Yankeyspeed: American power and ingenuity 95 SE -Stock enough to be overlooked, Quick enough to hold it own. Now driving a 2001 PT Cruiser

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard