Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
P
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
P
Now that my business is picking up a little, i am workin on my SVT a bit. I have it scheduled for tint wednesday and really want to get a Mirko. My only problem is that were i live, i would scrape alot. So i want to figure out a good way to make it quick and easy to come off if necesary. I was thinking of small exposed bolts and just keeping the wrench or whatever handy. My car is silver so i dont think the bolts would be too bad. any other sudgestions???

'99 CSVT 152k miles '95 YJ www.VFXCustom.com PM me with anything you need done in Vinyl.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Needs to be molded,if you use snaps or bolts it will look like a honda!
Dont make the mistake of a RICER.
Do it right or dont do it at all.

03 SONIC BLUE COBRA 99 BOLT (on life support) 99 CSVT 95 SHO MTX a couple of others!
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Agreed, unless you can put it on well and keep it in good shape, I would install it!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
I don't see anything rice about it being removable. Touring race cars use snaps or bolts to mount their splitters, so that if it does get damaged, its easily replaced.

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by Plastique_synthetiX:
I don't see anything rice about it being removable. Touring race cars use snaps or bolts to mount their splitters, so that if it does get damaged, its easily replaced.

All i have to say is "JESUS CHRIST"!

03 SONIC BLUE COBRA 99 BOLT (on life support) 99 CSVT 95 SHO MTX a couple of others!
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
dzus fasteners

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by parkedcar:
Now that my business is picking up a little, i am workin on my SVT a bit. I have it scheduled for tint wednesday and really want to get a Mirko. My only problem is that were i live, i would scrape alot. So i want to figure out a good way to make it quick and easy to come off if necesary. I was thinking of small exposed bolts and just keeping the wrench or whatever handy. My car is silver so i dont think the bolts would be too bad. any other sudgestions???

I ahve the mirko spliter......and let me tell you, it is not a direct fit....contrary to what you thin about spliters this one is not a normal spliter.....it is designed to be molded to your bumper in order to look and funtion properly......If you don;t, the sides will bulge out about 1 to 1 1/2 inches....not too pretty specialy for a car with as many curves as a contour.

I have to agree with everyone here, if your going to do it, do it right, or you'll be spending 222.00 bucks (yes it went up in price) for something that will never look good or be functional unless its molded. A waste of $$$ IMHO.

Roz

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles
L
L
Summit racing use to sell the body panel screws which NASCAR racers use to hold their trunk lid and other parts on with. They use a flat head screw and are flush with the part. These are easy to remove with a quarter twist.

T
TGO Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
man shut up. Some of the nicest cars on this site DON'T have the splitter molded. Granted it looks nice but lets be realistic...$200 for splitter, $400 for molding (and that's cheap) and then get it cracked on NY/NJ roads. sounds like a plan. When I get mine it will most likely not be molded. Some people need to learn the definition of rice or keep their mouths shut.

Originally posted by drsvt:

1999 Silver Frost SVT #609 of 2760 Quaife, lightened SVT Flywheel, SPEC stage II clutch, removed resonator, k&n drop in - various other goodies too.
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by TheGreatOne:
man shut up. Some of the nicest cars on this site DON'T have the splitter molded. Granted it looks nice but lets be realistic...$200 for splitter, $400 for molding (and that's cheap) and then get it cracked on NY/NJ roads. sounds like a plan. When I get mine it will most likely not be molded. Some people need to learn the definition of rice or keep their mouths shut.

Originally posted by drsvt:

Yeah thats great! Who cares!
Rice=not following the recomended instructions when tacking on abs cow catchers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard