Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by RogerB:
Originally posted by David2k3:

[Would it] cause a problem switcing from synthetic Mobile 1 to a regular motor oil?

No.

But his car may throw a fit or two until he switches back

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by MotorCity:
Well obviously your paying a premium for the Mobil 1. The protection is worth it to me. Personally, I will be purchasing the $17.xx 5 quart jugs at Walmart from now on as my car only takes 4.5 quarts.

If your motor lasts 20,000 more miles would it be worth it? Not saying it is a given but it is certainly possible.

Insinuating someone is crazy for using Mobil 1 is a little off base if you ask me.

No, just playing around man...

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Ed98.5SVT:
Originally posted by MotorCity:
You can get a case of 6 quarts of Mobil 1 for $23.xx at Sam's Club around here. A K&N or Mobil 1 filter will set you back another $10 at an auto store. So for just under $35 you get a great oil change.

This assumes your doing it yourself.

It costs me $9.00 to change my oil. 6 Quarts of Mobil 5W-30 and a Motorcraft filter. So, over the life of my car.... lets see....

73,500 miles so say 15 oil changes at $9 is $135.00

Using Mobil 1 I would have spent $525 if I shopped at Sam's club. The extra $390.00 was used to replace my rear wheel bearings and buy my a set of new rotors and pads all the way around.

Mobil 1 has an extended oil change interval......I think its 6 months/5,000 miles. That helps to even out the cost. Plus, you get a few more HP with full synthetic

1998 SVT EO Silver/Midnight Blue 109k Best E/T to date: 15.670 @ 89.10 K&N Blaupunkt 10 disc CD '99 SVT wheels
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by FastFordFreak:
Mobil 1 has an extended oil change interval......I think its 6 months/5,000 miles. That helps to even out the cost. Plus, you get a few more HP with full synthetic

More HP?

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
F
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by MCconnection cc:

More HP?

less friction... = releases a couple ponies here and there...

friction = bad... = heat= very bad = worst performance = the WORST!

eric

T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
why ask the question if you KNOW you won't like the answer?

99 Sport SE - Zetec Mods: My wife vacuumed it last spring , my son wiped up his hot chocolate spill in December. My daughter found the tooth she lost last week .
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Originally posted by FastFordFreak:

Mobil 1 has an extended oil change interval......I think its 6 months/5,000 miles.

Mobil 1 recommends that you follow whatever interval the car manufacturer recommends.

Originally posted by mobil1.com:
While Mobil 1 has given excellent results in extended oil drain tests, the safest and recommended practice is to follow your owner's manual. You can go all the way to the maximum mileage or time frame shown in your owner's manual for oil changes when using Mobil 1 with SuperSynâ?˘. This allows the reserve protection capabilities of Mobil 1 with SuperSynâ?˘ to cover the unusual or unexpected driving conditions that we all experience from time to time.

Oil change intervals can be as short as 3,000 miles or as long as 15,000 miles on some new cars. Mobil 1 with SuperSynâ?˘'s high-performance reserves give you the confidence to go the full mileage or time frame recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. Mobil 1 with SuperSynâ?˘ is especially suitable for the latest vehicles with extended drain intervals or vehicles with oil monitoring systems that vary oil drain intervals.

"Cobb - It's not just for corn anymore!"
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
go to walmart and get the oil the go to auto zone, to get the filer.....i put that in every thing.........i love it ... spend the little bit of money and save you motor...

98 SVT, clutch masters flywheel, spec stage2 clutch, quaife ,y pipe. and only MOBIL-1 oil. gansta a$$ 2000 Honda Civic on dope("nnnaaawwwzz"). ricers suck KING OF ROAD RAGE i need a center console and cup holder!!!!!1
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Ya, Walmart has some good prices on 5W-30 Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil right now. You can get 6 individual quarts for $3.64 each.

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
How does anyone feel about Valvoline oil? I have always used the Duralube (I can't remember if that's right). The 1/2 synthetic if I remember right. My car has about 188,000 miles on it. I don't think using the full synthetic would do her any justic. Since 40,000 miles that's the oil that I have used. And I am sorry to say, I have also used the Fram oil filter, and yes, next oil change I will change over to the Mobil 1 as you guys think is the best.
Any opinions?

1995 Contour LX 238,000 miles
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard