Next Thread
Print Thread
J
jcmac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
My Duratec is running so much better these days (new wires and MOTORCRAFT plugs)but it keeps throwing the P0340 code despite having replaced the tested OK old sensor with a new one. Does this mean I have "Wiring Problems". If so, can the sensor be direct wired to the ECM and how is that done.

John

98 Mystique 2.5 5 Speed Bridgestone Potenzas New upstream O2s, new CamPosSens JVC CD DECK, PIONEER SPEAKERS
J
jcmac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Roadrunner,Horseydug, what do you guys think...and would that CD manual be any use here...?

John

98 Mystique 2.5 5 Speed Bridgestone Potenzas New upstream O2s, new CamPosSens JVC CD DECK, PIONEER SPEAKERS
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
You did all this right?

Installation

1.Make sure camshaft position mounting sensor surface is clean and that camshaft position sensor O-ring is in proper location on camshaft position sensor.

2.CAUTION: Do not overtighten camshaft position sensor retaining bolt or damage to camshaft position sensor or engine mounting surface may occur.

Position camshaft position sensor onto engine and install retaining bolt. On 2.5L engine equipped vehicles, tighten retaining bolt to 8-12 N-m (71-106 lb-in). On 2.0L engine equipped vehicles, tighten retaining bolt to 18-23 N-m (13-17 lb-ft).

3.Connect fuel charging wiring to camshaft position sensor.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
jcmac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Yes, I did all of that. I still get the rotten code intermittently. You seem to be quoting the CD Manual. I am interested in getting one, what is required.

Thanks by the way for your excellent advice!

regards,

John

H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Originally posted by jcmac:
... I am interested in getting one, what is required. ...

Read CEG Classifieds.

Code is indicating wiring problem, not sensor problem. The two sensor wires go directly to PCM although they pass through a 12 pin connector, rear of ps pump. Wires have a grounded shield. Best to do physical inspection and ensure connector is properly snapped in place as a starting point.

98 Mystique LS v6 atx 163,000km 97 Contour LX v6 atx 163,000km
J
jcmac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Tonight, I will check that out. Thanks for the info..

John

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
See my sig. $8 shipped.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
jcmac Offline OP
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
J
Thanks again guys esp HORSEYDUG!

I found that one of the connectors (the middle one) did not appear to be fully seated. I pushed it in and it snapped closed. I then opened all of them and sprayed the inside with electrical contact cleaner then closed them up again. It's been 3 days so far and no nasty CEL yet!
I really have to get that CD manual ASAP! The IMRC seems to acting up again....

Regards,

John

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard