Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Zum Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
Schit. The 24th is this weekend. I cant make it cause i got that new job.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by Zum:

Boy that sucks. Looks like it's just RogerB and I. Not that Roger isn't cool or anything. Oh, wait, guess I better make sure he's even coming... surely it won't be me alone... surely...

SO WHOS COMING?! I'M OFFERING FREE BBQ DAMMIT!

What about you, BADTOUR?

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
W
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
W
I wouldn't mind coming to Wichita, but the 24th is too soon after last weekend's mod meet. Plus I've got a lot of stuff going on this weekend, not the least of which is my anniversary (Friday)

September's gonna be pretty full for me too, so don't count on me for that one either. Meeting in Wichita is a good idea, but it's just bad timing for me.

Roger - "Old Guy" "Every car is a sports car sometime." 1999 White SE Sport V6 MTX 2005 Toyota Sienna - 8 passenger
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Shifty GT40:
Originally posted by Zum:

Boy that sucks. Looks like it's just RogerB and I. Not that Roger isn't cool or anything. Oh, wait, guess I better make sure he's even coming... surely it won't be me alone... surely...

SO WHOS COMING?! I'M OFFERING FREE BBQ DAMMIT!

What about you, BADTOUR?

I was entertaining the idea of taking my kids up to WGP Sunday (24th) just to watch and get them out of the house for a couple of hours, but with in-laws in town and a new baby in the house I can't make any promises. And I'm afraid I wouldn't really be up for BBQ. (I'm so lame, I know. I'm an old guy with 4 kids. What can I say?)

Unfortunately, I'm really not very cool, so I hope some cool people show up. (Besides Rob, of course...)

If not this weekend, I'd love to see something happen in the Wichita region eventually. Good to see Rob taking it by the horns.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
That's OK Roger, I completely understand. I think this is bad timing for everyone anyway. I'll be there on the 24th if anyone would like to join me, but maybe we'll plan on having something on the November autocross date. I think it's like the 9th or something.

Also, I'm planning on going to BADTOUR1's SCCEG Invasion, and/or Zum's get together if they have them next month. I would urge you all to do the same.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
Z
Zum Offline
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Z
That's OK Roger, I completely understand. I think this is bad timing for everyone anyway. I'll be there on the 24th if anyone would like to join me, but maybe we'll plan on having something on the November autocross date. I think it's like the 9th or something.

Also, I'm planning on going to BADTOUR1's SCCEG Invasion, and/or Zum's get together if they have them next month. I would urge you all to do the same.

Represent!

Ill let you know soon.

B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Okay, you all know I've been whining about Wichita's lack of CEGer's for quite some time now.

I agree with everyone else, the 24th was too soon for me. I would be interested in another time though, even though I am new to the boards? For all of you that don't know, on November 22 & 23 the USAC world finals are happening in Kansas City. So it sure would be nice to not schedule it that weekend. With a bit of notice, I might be able to round up some people (even though they're not CEGers......yet) from Topeka and Lawrence.

Let's figure something out!

-Jonathan

Jonathan '96 Contour Zetec MTX 208,XXX miles
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
So, Rob, did you get out to WGP? Didn't see you in the "results." (Note Harmon's STS win. Bone stock SVT, and good driving.)

Kids were tired after 1) starting school last week, and 2)going to the circus Saturday. Sunday was their last day at home with their grandparents before heading back to school. That was cool, because it gave me a chance to tinker with the car all morning.

Anyway, there's the Boeing event in Sep, or another WGP event in November. (October's is down at Strother Field.) Not sure if WGP is actually open Sundays, though, so not sure if that would matter.

Hope we get something together.

Function before fashion. '96 Contour SE "Toss the Contour into a corner, and it's as easy to catch as a softball thrown by a preschooler." -Edmunds, 1998
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by RogerB:
So, Rob, did you get out to WGP? Didn't see you in the "results." (Note Harmon's STS win. Bone stock SVT, and good driving.)

Kids were tired after 1) starting school last week, and 2)going to the circus Saturday. Sunday was their last day at home with their grandparents before heading back to school. That was cool, because it gave me a chance to tinker with the car all morning.

Anyway, there's the Boeing event in Sep, or another WGP event in November. (October's is down at Strother Field.) Not sure if WGP is actually open Sundays, though, so not sure if that would matter.

Hope we get something together.

I was there on-and-off all day, just stopping by on the way to and from Newton to see if anyone ended up making the trip. Didn't see anyone there obviously. I decided not to run since I'm still waiting on my brakes, springs, and tires. *sigh* Hopefully I'll be able to run in September...

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Eric L_dup1, louisw_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard