Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by Seamore:
We like a mix of nature, adventure, history. Somewhere we can relax, but there has to be enough stuff around that we can pick from to see and explore that we aren't bored to death all week, and someplace that has decent hotels or somekinds of cabins to rent.

New England definitely. If you are "outdoorsy" adventurous, the White Mountains in NH. If you want to give your sons a bit of freedom and enjoy rich history, the Saco area in Maine (Old Orchard Beach) is just the ticket, what with their strong police force to feel safer, the Pier gives them freedom, plus you have the luxury of being on the ocean. Oceanfront hotels or condos rock as well. Newport, RI, has a rich history but not much adventure. Those are my suggestions.

One of the things I love about New England; in such a small area (considering versus you Western states) there are so many different things to see or do!

G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
compton,ca

99 expedition eddie bauer, 5.4 v8, k&n drop-in, 3" magnaflow catback and gas mileage that makes the contour look like a hybrid
R
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
R
Maui Hawaii.. There are a lot of cabins around.. a lot of hiking trails, swim spots, exotic views (and women), beaches to relax on, etc... etc.. etc..

Remember this is why we're at war! I'm now officially a troll! 2004 Saturn ION QC with Sport Package AIM/AOL: animusshinigami
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by perry:
Originally posted by gwellington:
Originally posted by Jeb Hoge:
Washington DC.

I wouldn't go there if you paid me...oh, wait, they DO pay me and I DO go there every day.... Actually, it's a good choice; my office is two blocks from the Air and Space museum, and every lunch hour I can hit the streets and misdirect tourists...

Hmm.. by office do you mean sidewalk at the top of the escalator from the Smithsonian metro stop? Any by misdirect, do you mean sell overpriced maps

I LOVE those guys! "You wanna map? You needa map! You're not getting past me without buying a map!" Actually, my biggest hangup with tourists is on the subway when they ask me things like "What stop is the White House?" Since I never go there (duh), I have no idea (or for most of the other tourist stops, for that matter) so I look and feel like an idiot. But you're right, there's lots to do in the whole area, and there's always the short run up to Charm City to take in an O's game at Camden Yards.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Quote:

compton,ca

hahahaha!

1999 SVT TRed/Tan: B-Day 1/28/99 #1034/2760 Sony ABP HU, Kenwood 800w Amp, XPLOD ES 800w Amp, Lightning Audio 1 Frd. Cap w/ Dig Readout, 2 12" JL W3's, Pioneer 6x8, K&N RU-3530, Superchip, SVT Sill Plates, Grill Mod, Ding guard-less, B&M Short throw
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Yellowstone to Glacier to the Grand Tetons, the Badlands, Dinosaur, etc..

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
How abooot Toronto? I hear it's dark this time of year.

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
What time of year are you guys gunna go? May wanna be a little further north during the summer, maybe further south during the winter... Grand Canyon vs. Grand Tetons

It will definatly be a summer vacation. Heaven forbid I try to take a vacation after football season starts, my oldest would kill me if he had to miss one minute of practice !LOL Would really like to see yellowstone, but what else is there to see that's close??

95 Teal Se 5 spd,duratech, loaded(except moonroof) no mods.
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by 98 SE:
Originally posted by Seamore:
We like a mix of nature, adventure, history. Somewhere we can relax, but there has to be enough stuff around that we can pick from to see and explore that we aren't bored to death all week, and someplace that has decent hotels or somekinds of cabins to rent.

New England definitely. If you are "outdoorsy" adventurous, the White Mountains in NH. If you want to give your sons a bit of freedom and enjoy rich history, the Saco area in Maine (Old Orchard Beach) is just the ticket, what with their strong police force to feel safer, the Pier gives them freedom, plus you have the luxury of being on the ocean. Oceanfront hotels or condos rock as well. Newport, RI, has a rich history but not much adventure. Those are my suggestions.

One of the things I love about New England; in such a small area (considering versus you Western states) there are so many different things to see or do!

i agree. Newport is one of my favorite stops. We'll probably go to the beach down there tomorrow since the water is warmer there. i could never go to the beach in Maine. it's too friggin cold.

Lake Ossippee in NH is very very nice. clean water, not a lot of speed boats, sandy beaches, hiking, and great scenery. and it's only 2 hours from Boston. and i know someone who rents a few places up there, i could give you her info if you'd like.

also, there's a TON of stuff to do in Boston and it's one of the safest big cities in the country. history, restaurants, duck tours, schools, parks, shopping, and ME!

one warning, tho. the weather this year has absolutely sucked. be ready for hot humid days, rainy cool days, rainy hot days, sunny beautiful days, sunny cool days, thunderstorms and hail. all of which can happen in the span of 4 hours. and no, i am not kidding.

For Sale: - Sony PSP with a Baseball 2k6 and the movie Crash. $100 - 1973 Karmann Ghia Convertible w/ Auto-Stick. Needs Restoration. $1200 OBO
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Costa Rica.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard