Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bullion Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I was told the moonroof motor is behind the plastic light counsel on the roof. If this is true, how do I get the plastic cover off?

98' Contour SVT #607 of 6535 05' Mazda 6s Audio/Visual enthusiast because it's one of the many things I went through 4 years of hell for
H
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
H
i did it one day while my friend was driving..but i do not remeber... but it was easy..i will go look at it and get back with u

98 SVT, clutch masters flywheel, spec stage2 clutch, quaife ,y pipe. and only MOBIL-1 oil. gansta a$$ 2000 Honda Civic on dope("nnnaaawwwzz"). ricers suck KING OF ROAD RAGE i need a center console and cup holder!!!!!1
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
its easy.
pry out the light (gently)
unplug the light
look into the hole and you will see 2 screws going up into the roof towards the windshield.
take them out
slide the whole cover back towards the sunroof

NY State Trooper: So what makes your car so special to have SVT all over it? Me: Er...It was made by Fords SPECIAL Vehicle Team?
B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by ElKy:
its easy.
pry out the light (gently)
unplug the light
look into the hole and you will see 2 screws going up into the roof towards the windshield.
take them out
slide the whole cover back towards the sunroof

See here to remove the light assembly:
http://www.contour.org/mods/mods.php?s=howto&displayid=11

And how the rest is mounted...

I should add that removing the light assembly gives access to the front tabs w/phillips screws; and hopefully your tabs aren't broken.

Last edited by bigMoneyRacing; 08/14/03 05:05 PM.

-- 1999 SVT #220 -- In retrospect, it was all downhill from here. RIP, CEG.
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
See that phillips head screw in the end of the motor housing...loosen it and then just screw it back in (snug not tight). I could make my sunroof fail or work perfect by how tight the screw was...you need to play with it a little. Now mine has worked flawlessly all summer Before it would hang open just about every day Give it a try...good luck, hopefully it isn't your gears!

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Mine doesn't work and makes a rapid ticking noise when it goes to move back. Motor??? or do you think that there's something in the track. I was just wondering what yours sounded like. I was think the track. I don't want to take it to the Ford dealership, they couldn't fix a burnt out light buld.

"SOMETIMES IT TAKES PAIN TO MAKE THE BRAIN WORK HARDER" M.O.B
S
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S
Mine would do absolutely nothing...it just seemed dead, no clicks, no hum...nothing. Wait about a day (next morning) and it would work fine, drive to work with it open and when i got to work sometimes it would close and sometimes not. Only seemed to do it on hot days. Leave it open on hot days and it wouldn't close until the next morning...pretty much drove me nuts

Scott

Scott 2000 Contour SVT #1464 Mustang Dyno: 171.6hp/145.3lb Dynojet Dyno: 171.1hp/148.9lb 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo T/A "Indy 500 Pace Car" #1376 of 1550 All Original, 46k with a few mods 2002 F150 SuperCrew
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
yup, that rapid clicking noise is the metal screw on the motor trying to grip the plastic gear that is stripped. nothing to do with the track. i took mine apart the other day and it is very simple. the plastic gear inside the motor had a nice little groove in it that is not supposed to be there. this whole thing is ridiculous. there was supposed to be a group buy but it was at an outrageous cost. i have had a couple people tell me to take it to a machine shop and have them fabricate one. it might cost a gizzillion dollars, so i might just get a quote out of curiousity one day. other than that, all you can do as of now is buy a new motor..... sunroofs are great and all, but i really don't need it during 100 degree CA weather right now anyway. strangely, i prefer more use out of my sunroof during winter ( not raining of course).

99 SVTC, T-Red, #652/2760-12.8.1998 Mother#@%@!* did I sound abstract? I hope it sounded more confusin than that!
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
well that sucks

"SOMETIMES IT TAKES PAIN TO MAKE THE BRAIN WORK HARDER" M.O.B

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard