Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
ok i know the sequencing. neg from box/amp to neg on sub vc1, pos vc1 to neg vc2, pos vc2 to box/amp pos.

but if i connect the box pos neg w/ 8 gauge twisted wire and pull it apart to wire to the respective pos neg on each vc, how do i connect the neg from one vc to the pos of the other? do i buy twisted wire and pull it apart discarding one of the wires and using the other?

and i'm going to have to add rca ends to the wires to push onto the box and sub connections, right?

i just redraw my system diagram and want to finalize it then post it for review. i'm very detailed and meticulous when doing something.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
I have it on paper, but, my friend has it on his computer, of how you would set it up. I believe we found it doing a search on google "How to Hook Up Dual VOice Coils" one of the items will have a diagram on different ways to hook it up.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.
H
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i know the how to procedure. that isnt my question. what im asking is how do i connect the vc to vc connection. if i'm using twisted speaker wire, one neg connects to the neg post inside the box. the pos is connected to the pos inside the box. the neg is connected to the neg inside the box. then i run the pos end of the twisted wire to the pos of voicecoil1, the neg end of twisted wire to neg of voicecoil2. how do i connect the in between part, the "series" part, the neg on vc1 to pos on vc2. do i use twisted wire for this part or pull the twisted wires apart and use it to go vc to vc

i looked at my stryke av12. i thought the connections used rcas but testing it into my box and looking closely, the connections are like push in. i guess i just expose the speaker wire and put it thru the open hole. can anyone else confirm this.

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
P
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
P
You are right, just depress the connector on the sub and feed the wire through. No special ends needed. Then you can do the vc connections inside or outside the box.

*edit* It may be easier and more flexible if you install the sub with all pos/neg wires terminating to the back of the box. Then you can wire up the voice coils any way you want without having to remove the sub from the box.

'98 SVT KKM / TH fix / Mobil 1 / Synth tranny cocktail / JVC LX-30 HU / 10 JL sub / Alpine V12 amp / Panther 199 wheels / Kuhmo Ecsta 215/45/17 / Bosch +4 / Ford Motorsport wires

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard