Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Like 2 months ago I purchased some cut-to-shape thick mesh grille from E-bay. The seller SleeperStyle has subsequently disappeared. Despite my attempts to contact the guy, using all kinds of e-mails and phone numbers, no reply and no item was ever delivered. The PayPal answered me that no claims are accepted after 30 days after transaction. SquareTrade couldn't locate the Seller. Today I received an e-mail from E-bay informing me that the money was credited back to my card. Ain't that a surprise?

D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Ebay is good stuff.

C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Glad to hear that they are backing the customers. I have heard many horror stories about people loosing money from e-bay. Glad you got yours back.

2006 Fusion SEL (Fully Loaded) Fusion Boards 1992 Thunderbird 3.8 V6 Former 1998 Contour SE Sport owner
T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
eBay will be the downfall of mankind.........

Dan Acura Integra GS-R w/mods Former owner of a 95 SE
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
That's still not as good as Wal-Mart. Wal-Mart offers a 90 day return policy on their electronics. I used a digital camera for almost 3 months then took it back for a refund.

A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Even with paypal, always pay with a CC because even if paypal can't do anything you credit card company will! I had a botched deal get fixed by my credit card, I believe it was over 30 days!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
T
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
T
I got this e-mail from a buyer with 0 feedback. He wants to buy an item with his Credit Card.

Hi there,

I'm from Indonesia. I'm very interesting about your item.
Can i buy it use my credit card directly and ship by using FedEx International Priority.
About the payment, i just have credit card as payment. So you can charge it with your charge
machine or merchant account. Let me know soon if you able to do it.
Hope to hear you soon.

Thank you.

Do you see any problem with accepting his credit card?

I noticed that he has already purchased an $8000 item on that credit card from another seller so he must have a lot of credit on that card.

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by 7999:
I got this e-mail from a buyer with 0 feedback. He wants to buy an item with his Credit Card.

Hi there,

Can i buy it use my credit card directly and ship by using FedEx International Priority.
About the payment, i just have credit card as payment. So you can charge it with your charge
Hope to hear you soon.

Thank you.

I noticed that he has already purchased an $8000 item on that credit card from another seller so he must have a lot of credit on that card.

DO NOT sell him any Item!!!
This is a scam artist. They will get your item and then get the credit card company to cancel payment.
I am a member of an internet wholsale company and they warn all their members about these types of scams. Usually they are located in Indonesia (as in this case) but will take their money back after they get your item. I have received many e-mails from people like this from Indonesia and have addopted a policy of only shipping goods in the US and Canada.

My Cars 1999 Silver Frost SVT - 80,000km #2603/2760 Aug. 10, 1999. 1996 Mercury Mystique LS V6 MTX - retired @ 323,151km. 1995 Ford Contour V6 MTX-sold @ 214,000km
B
Redneck Troll
Redneck Troll
B
Originally posted by 7999:

Hi there,

Hope to hear you soon.

Thank you.

Just cover your back and save your shipping receipts and you should be fine. If the payment is going to Paypal, make sure to ship to a verified address only, or you'll be screwed. Ebay and Paypal protect sellers just as strongly as they do buyers. Hold to the rules and you'll stay in good standing on both sides.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
R
R_G Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Wall Mart is da best

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard