Next Thread
Print Thread
#716687 08/10/03 09:04 AM
M
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M
I don't really know what to think of the parts I have seen on ebay aftermarket wise. For example, I want a short throw shifter in my Mercury, but I am guessing that would run a couple hundred dollars, but on ebay they have some for around 50 dollars. Now to me brand doesn't really matter as long as it's reliable and gets the job done. The same thing with headlight bulbs. They have tons on ebay, but they still never say brand. I wanted brighter headlights and the ones I bought at a local Sears that were lazerlights or something along that nature were actually dimmer than the ones that were in car when I bought it. So I'm not sure if the ones on ebay would be any better. And the last question was about the open intakes I found when I searched under Ford Contour on ebay. They have some on there for like 8.99, which is really in my price range, but I don't know if they're trustworthy and worth it in the long run, because that is hella cheap compared to ordering it from a local shop for around 120.00 dollars. Well if anyone could help me that'd be great. Thanks.

~98 Contour SVT E0 Silver Frost *04 6 spoke SVT Focus Wheels ~03 SVT Cobra *All stock (for now).
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
It's a simple rule:

If it's too good to be true......it's too good to be true.

Seriously, be a bit sceptical of something u r buying without seeing, and that you know the same / comparable is $$$$ more.

But i guess if you buy a lot of things cheap, and a few work, you've still saved plenty.

Just my $0.02

2005 BA2 "Velocity Blue" Falcon XR6 Turbo http://www.fast-autos.net/ford/xr6turbo3.html
I
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I wouldn't buy lights from ebay

i bought my muffler from there and it turned out ok

don't buy any special 20+ HP mods

i think the short shifter on ebay is cheap and breaks so I would steer away from that

make sure the intake actually fits your car cuz there is some sh!t on there for the duratecs that doesn't look like it would fit for [censored].

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Ebay purchase rule #1 - check seller feedback.
Ebay purchase rule #2 - Buy known name brand or something you are already familliar with.
Ebay purchase rule #3 - Reasearch brands that would be acceptable & do NOT settle for any less.

I have followed these rules & I have been happy with all my Ebay purchases - except one. A diskette drive arrived DOA, the seller had a good rating & replaced it no charge - not even shipping. I even got to keep the original to tinker with.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.
W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by TourDeForce:
Ebay purchase rule #1 - check seller feedback.
Ebay purchase rule #2 - Buy known name brand or something you are already familiar with.
Ebay purchase rule #3 - Research brands that would be acceptable & do NOT settle for any less.

Good Advice. Stock Ford parts from E-Bay have been great for me.

2012 Lotus Evora --------- 95 Mystique MTX - GONE 395,000 Kms --------- Both Zetecs '97 Contour Mtx - stock - GONE
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:
I wouldn't buy lights from ebay

i bought my muffler from there and it turned out ok

don't buy any special 20+ HP mods

i think the short shifter on ebay is cheap and breaks so I would steer away from that

make sure the intake actually fits your car cuz there is some sh!t on there for the duratecs that doesn't look like it would fit for [censored].

I bought the Short shifter and am very happy with it's build quality and appearance, it also has a very smooth positive shift. The mufflers I bought were very high quality a whole lot better quality than a lot of the other ones you see at muffler shops at a much higher price. The stereo equipment I bought is in excellent condition and of the quality I expect because I researched the product thoughly before I decided to buy.

There are some things that are gimmicks such as the chip mod that promised 20hp for $.03 I'm sure probably does'nt work. Just know what you are buying before you buy. I bought a lot of my car stereo equipment for 1/4-1/2 off the retail price. All of it brand new with warranty's and sounds great!!!

As for Air Cleaners I totally agree that our intake hoses are much bigger than a Honda Civics and will not fit a lot of these "one size fits all" intakes.

My thing is that I do look at feedbacks and all that good stuff, but I try to buy from established businesses and brand new.

C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
i buy everything from ebay never got a problem i bought all my bulbs mufflers rims shifter body parts etc i pay with a credit card so you can have back up if you do get jipped i would never send money orders or cash

K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
What shifters did you guys buy on ebay? I saw a few and am interested in trying one out for 32 bucks plus shipping? If you could, include a link of the ones you got. Thanks.

AIM...BKapp17 98 T-red SVT Steeda Gutted Pre-cats, no resonator Painted Dash Angel Eye Fogs Painted Chrome ring / headlights Looking for a t-red pre98 trunk lid
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
i have bought headlights from ebay and i must say they look good for about a week or two until one of them dies out...then they will send u a new one but it will be either brighter or lower then what u already have...as far as grills, mats, and other stuff....i have purchased many things on ebay and they have all been great....and u cant beat the price...unless someone outbids u

99 Sport-Silver Frost *SVT Ground Effx *30% Tints *SVT Exhaust *Tinted Rear Reflector *KKM Intake *Modded Silverstars *Magnaflow Res. #10425 *Wood Grain Kit
F
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
F
Originally posted by Kappa2006:
What shifters did you guys buy on ebay? I saw a few and am interested in trying one out for 32 bucks plus shipping? If you could, include a link of the ones you got. Thanks.

I can't right now as e-bay is blocked by the only network that I can access the internet with right now. I can tell you that it has a brushed aluminim shift knob and reverse lock-out ring. It looks really sharp!!!

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard