Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I am looking for a decent driving school preferably near the LA area, but I donâ??t mind a good drive somewhere in CA. Not sure that I am ready for the Bodurant school, although I donâ??t want to develop any bad habits early on in my racing career â?¦
*voice from out side* WHAT CAREER?!?!?
I hear great things about the big ones, but a) 3K is steep, b) I want to test the waters a little.
I would like to learn how the right way the first time, although that poses some what of a contradiction to, â??I want a cheap place to learn how to drive.â??
I am new to racing/advanced driving in a controlled environment, but have always been interested. I am thinking about eventually joining SCCA and going to some of the local track events.
It could be my car or one provided but am looking for around 500 bucks or so for a day type thing.
Just wondering what experiences you guys have had in the area and with who. Thanks for the input.

| 1999 SVT E1 | silver | 147 of 2760
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
We have a great carting school here in Ventura. Jim Hall Carting School.

97 Zetec MTX Sport Mk1 Mondeo Morettes & Clear corners Full SVT kit w/ Molded Mirko Splitter, Carbon Fibre Hood Ground Control coilovers w/ Koni adjustables, BAT anti roll bar Pics of my rides in my profile! Rally drivers do it sideways......
I
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I
Skip Barber runs out of Laguna Seca up here in Monterey, and I'm pretty sure they have a branch at California Speedway in SoCal. Also, Jim Russell runs out of Infineon Raceway (formerly Sears Point). All of these schools offer introductory courses. I've been researching them, and I think once I get my bonus, I'm heading over to Phoenix to attend one of the 3k Bondurant Courses and get my SCCA license. It's one of the better, and I have a family member that instructs there. Maybe I can get a discount or some special instruction. =)

I ran a search already! 99 Ford Contour SVT - SOLD!! '90 CRX Si, '98 Explorer V8, '98 Acura ITRally Co-Driver

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard