Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#714682 08/07/03 07:53 PM
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
Are there any how to's for changing the EVR, DPFE, and EGR, or at least any pictures? I have the 0401 CEL. I have checked the back of the TB and the EGR ports are clean. I have also done the vacuum test on the EGR valve. The RPM's did drop which leads me to believe that the EGR is good. I plan on attacking the EVR and DPFE first.

Thanks in Advance

2000 Black SVT SHO Shop CAI Custom Mesh Grills
#714683 08/07/03 10:27 PM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Always check the simple obvious stuff first.

Check for engine vacuum at the EVR vacuum connector (it won't work without vacuum).

Apply vacuum to the EGR again, but this time through the EVR vacuum connector (to check the connecting hose).

Make sure the electrical connector is plugged into the EVR.

The EVR is that black plastic thing between the coil and the IAC. A 1/4 inch metric socket set (8mm I think) with a 2 inch extension will get the two bolts out from the back.

The DPFE is feedback to moderate the EGR. It would only keep the EGR closed if it thought there was too much EGR flow when there was none!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
#714684 08/12/03 09:51 PM
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
I been thru this snafu, if the present DPFE is aluminum replace it it. Try to get it deal on it. I've recently learned that Mr. Nasser's cost cutting forced a supplier to sell to Ford for pennies. Ford sells it to the dealer for a few bucks under $34. Dealers retail was approx. $75
Oh it's plastic Part no. F77Z-9J460-AB. Prices haven't changed to consumer.
This info is from a reliable source no crack-pot. he was at Sandia Labs at one time, and I served in the military in the late 60's. I met this fellow in early 80's via Ham radio and not long afterwards I got to meet him in person. The information that told me about what my unit was really doing. Convince me that he was no crack-pot. This fellow has contacts all over the world. And has more reliable info than our own government.
In his opinion Ford is not far from bankruptcy and Daimler dropping their ball and chain, Chrysler in the near future. The Ram truck is only vehicle making money. The mini-van (a piece of junk) has never made Chrysler a dime, never.
He's hearing rumors that Ford is trying to set-up suppliers in China and phase out Visteon totally.
And he's going to get back to me on the Honda plants leaving Ohio and for Mexico. GM is selling off holdings all over world trying to stay solvent.
And the real reason we are in Iraq, to keep our companies that supply the military solvent.
Enough to piss me off after putting my life on the line for this country.
Paul

Paul 98 Mystique LS 2ea (07/97)(08/98)
#714685 08/12/03 11:02 PM
N
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
N
Originally posted by 00BlackRide:
Are there any how to's for changing the EVR, DPFE, and EGR, or at least any pictures? I have the 0401 CEL. I have checked the back of the TB and the EGR ports are clean. I have also done the vacuum test on the EGR valve. The RPM's did drop which leads me to believe that the EGR is good. I plan on attacking the EVR and DPFE first.

Thanks in Advance

hey i have one from a 2002 motor with only 20k on it if u wanna buy it shoot me an email nossvtcontour@aol.com

HaHa You Watching me? Keep Watching

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard