Next Thread
Print Thread
L
lucky13 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
My 98 CSVT has been cutting off when I hit the brakes hard. Also, it won't turn over sometimes. I had the battery and alternator tested at two different locations, and both said they were fine. Sounds like an alternator to me, but could it be a short in the electrical system somewhere? Is this an ignition problem? I'm getting the 4-4 code for a dirty RF airbag sensor, could this be causing the car to cut off and not start? If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, guys.

98 CSVT black/midnight Trubendz catback, BAT inlet pipe, 75mm Pro-Flow, K&N open air on SCA cold air pipe, Optima Red Top in trunk, short shifter, Richbrook e-brake, lowered, side markers, mesh grille/bumper inserts
E
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
E
Originally posted by lucky13:
My 98 CSVT has been cutting off when I hit the brakes hard. Also, it won't turn over sometimes. I had the battery and alternator tested at two different locations, and both said they were fine. Sounds like an alternator to me, but could it be a short in the electrical system somewhere? Is this an ignition problem? I'm getting the 4-4 code for a dirty RF airbag sensor, could this be causing the car to cut off and not start? If anyone has any insight, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, guys.

Might not be related..... Did you get the recall done on your car for the airbag sensors??? Mine were replaced under recall.

Doh!!!!!! The recall was for the crash sensors in the front of the car. I don't think they are the same.

Last edited by Ed98.5SVT; 08/06/03 07:15 PM.

1998.5 E1 SVT Contour #5482/6535
C
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
C
I just had a problem where the car wouldn't start when hot, turned out the wiring going to the MLP switch was shorted out.

That also was screwing up the trans, causing it to lose 3rd gear & overdrive.

When I'd tried to start it, the dash lights would come on, but the engine would not crank.

Hope this helps.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard