Next Thread
Print Thread
B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Awww crap guys - my throttle cable broke from the fire wall to the traction control modual... it is a tight squeezeeee in there and I was wondering the best way to go about this... - JOE

EGPLNT:MY 95' SE MTX SVT *200,000 MILE CLUB* 6/06/06 - 201,000 MILES
B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Is someone going to help me or what?!?! Man - JOE

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by blu_fuz:
Awww crap guys - my throttle cable broke from the fire wall to the traction control modual... it is a tight squeezeeee in there and I was wondering the best way to go about this... - JOE

Traction control ? Good grief, I didn't even know such a thing existed. But, I do not want to leave a guy hanging with no response from anyone at all. I also have to say that I have no idea of what to do. I would; call my local Ford parts guy, not the service guy cause he'll just say "bring it in", but the parts guys are usually very helpful, especially if you tell them you'll buy your parts there (this only works a couple times til they figure out that you're not buying your parts there so you do have to give them some business). So I'd call a couple Ford parts places, they're usually very helpful, and if you get an 'in' with a parts guy you get all sorts of great info. Just be sure you pay them back and shop there when you need FoMoCo parts, ya gotta buy em somewhere, so might as well grease the wheels eh ? Other than that go to the library and copy the pages out of a Chiltons or a Haynes manual, the library has the books for free, but you usually can't just check them out. But you can copy the pages, hope this helps a little, Ken

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.
B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Yep.... I have the haynes manual, but didn't think of checking that - duh.... It was never really clear on things anyway - everything else I pretty much know. - Thanks - JOE

K
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
K

As I remember, there was a safety recall, for the '95s, about that several years ago. IIRC, the original cable was just a bit too short and had a sharp bend in it - there was a chance that it could break and even hold the throttle open. The newer cable was slightly longer and was routed a bit differently. I had mine replaced under the recall, so there might even be a program still open regarding that problem (if you're lucky).

'95 Contour SE, MTX, Champagne '03 EB Expedition, Med Wedgewood Blue
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
Had both of mine done years ago under recall. Regular cable will fit in a pinch. Some in the past when they installed the SVT TB used motorcycle brake cable tools to modify the cable. Ford only replaced the section from the TC module to the TB. I remember this well because they didn't install the locking clamp well on my wife's tour and we lost throttle control while driving out Westheimer. Some cables break because they are set too tight. Mine was set too loose at first and I lost 1/4 of my throttle.

B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
Yep.... I have the haynes manual, but didn't think of checking that - duh.... It was never really clear on things anyway - everything else I pretty much know. - Thanks - JOE

watch that haynes manual... has lots of mondeo only stuff in it...

Goin' Round Traffic Circles @ 50Km/h!!! \m/ -- 1998 E0 SVT #2119 of 6535 \m/ -- 2003 Sentra SE-R Spec V
B
blu_fuz Offline OP
Hard-core CEG\'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
I will call the dealership today to see if there is a recall for that, or what can be done.... hmmmm, that would be great if they would cover that - JOE

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard