Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I read just last night, I thought it was cool, they only started talking about csvt's in the last paragraphs or so. . .basically, it's an easily moddable pocket rocket, and they hope the FSVT reaches the same stature when enough of them reach the used market (just like our cars have, 5 years after the introduction). . .

New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
As a Contour owner who is VERY active in SVTOA I completely disagree with the statement that SVTOA doesn't acknowledge the SVT Contour. If you were at the SVT Experience you would have seen the Contour prominently displayed on the shirt and awards and the few that participated are in the video many times. Local SVTOA clubs that have car shows almost always have Contour classes as well. If Contour owners would submit articles to the SVT Enthusiast I can confidently say they would be published as well.

I actually think the problem is that the Contour owners feel like the red headed stepchild in the SVTOA and those that do participate in the On-Track Events and at the Experience see that this is DEFINITELY not the case.

We had 4-5 SVT Contour's come to the IRP Invasion last weekend and all of them had an absolute blast! The SVTOA is a club for ALL SVT and high performance Ford vehicles and there is absolutely no reason why they would ignore the Contour group.

If more Contours came out to events I can also say you would see more of them in the SVT Enthusiast as well.

Mark Wilson 98.5 SVT Contour 93 SVT Cobra #1824 93 SVT Cobra R #84 1972 Mustang Convertible 1970 Mustang Mach 1 1967 Sunbeam Tiger ALL MODIFIED!!
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Agreed. I'm always the only CSVT at SVTOA meets and I always have a blast. They don't put you up on a pedestal or anything, but the love can definitely be felt.

-R-

I'm a Karate Man. Karate men..bruise on the inside. "The difference between oversteer and understeer: oversteer is when the passengers are scared, understeer is when the driver is scared." -Driver Unknown
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Nice article...
Very true about SVT Contour, it took hits re: the back seat and aero kit and interior trim but scored at the top on "fun to drive" and ran with sedans of its day costing 2-3X as much.

I even feel Focus SVT is getting the cold shoulder since the NEON came out. But, as an overall package I would personally find FSVT the nicer car, the one I would buy (except both are rather unattractive looking IMO).

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by Richard David:
Agreed. I'm always the only CSVT at SVTOA meets and I always have a blast. They don't put you up on a pedestal or anything, but the love can definitely be felt.

-R-

Ditto for me. We may have 30 Cobras at a meet, but everyone wants to check out the Contour.

2000 T-Red SVT #2010 Quit whining about gas prices and start caring about how much you pay in taxes. Then go here.
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er

-R-

Ditto for me. We may have 30 Cobras at a meet, but everyone wants to check out the Contour.

Especially when you pass them on a straight away with a stock Contour. That's when they learn about exit speed!!!

Mark Wilson 98.5 SVT Contour 93 SVT Cobra #1824 93 SVT Cobra R #84 1972 Mustang Convertible 1970 Mustang Mach 1 1967 Sunbeam Tiger ALL MODIFIED!!
L
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
L
I attended the svt experience w/ my svt contour and was very dissapointed that I was the only one at the Milan Dragway event. Oh well I still had fun beaten up on those Cobras and focus and also took home a prize in the bracket racing class. Needless to say I suprised a few people I think!

'99 Silver svt For sale 19" Axis Neo wheels 3.0 parts, pre-98 trunk, Check classifieds bp.powell@comcast.net
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  GTO Pete, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard