Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by WickeD_CSVT:
Hey I don't know if anyone noticed but someone is selling a hood very similar in the classifieds.

Ok, so its me. Check it out though.

no offense wicked, but i'm out if this is all it looks like

i'm looking for more exagerated vents like the mondy, i dont particularly care for the v thing in the middle of the mondeo hood but i can live with it... wickeds vents are way too small

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Thats cool, I don't need every person to like it. The number of responses I have already gotten speaks for itself.

Anyway, how ofter do these groupbuys go through. I am not trashing anyone whos tries, I just know that most companies are not interested in making a mold for something they will only sell 20 of.

Oh, and the vents are 4 inches across. And it is very functional.

2FAST4U 2000 Contour SVT
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by WickeD_CSVT:
Thats cool, I don't need every person to like it. The number of responses I have already gotten speaks for itself.

Anyway, how ofter do these groupbuys go through. I am not trashing anyone whos tries, I just know that most companies are not interested in making a mold for something they will only sell 20 of.

Oh, and the vents are 4 inches across. And it is very functional.

i'm not in any way bashing on it at all dude, i think it looks great, i'm just interested in a more drastic look than yours... your hood seems kind of muted compared to the mondeo hood... didnt say it wasnt functional either

-Matt "Pain heals, chicks dig scars, and glory lasts forever!" will do/pay just about anything for the following parts: CF sunroof glass replacement OEM CF trunk Non OEM style cf or fiberglass hood not the cf1 design
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Ok if this is it then I'm in:

RamMotorsports Lowest prices on SPEC Clutches and Flywheels
W
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
W
Demon - I'm not trying to pick a fight (it is really hard to show acurate feelings by typing). I wasn't going for such a agressive look. I just wanted it to look like the mean b*tch that she is. Kinda like my mom when I told I put a dent the size of a basketball in her new Envoy.

The hood was based from the same hood you guys are trying to get made. I sure hope it works out. When I saw that mondeo with the sf2 kit and hood I was stoked. I was so disappointed to hear how much they wanted to ship it over hear.

I tried to get it as close to same hood, while still keeping some originality. The pics really don't do it justice. It is a real eye turner.

I will give my $.02, really fast. For the company, doing the hood. Make sure they fit it on a duratec contour and not on a 4 cyl. The clearance between the duratec and the hood is not much. I had to tear it apart once because the vents were rubbing on the engine. Another tip, make sure to have the vents come down far enough so that the rain will drain away from the engine. I had it draining right over the oil cap the first time(not a good idea).

If you don't like my $.02, just through it back in my tin cup. I am the guy sitting on the street corner asking for spare change(or bills , hell, or beer!!)

2FAST4U 2000 Contour SVT
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
LIST WE NEED LIST:

1.I-Dom-In-8
2.Keyser
3.Speed Demon
4.freakshow?
5.SVTCuervo

Ok I REAAALLLLY want this hood guys. So lets get 15 more in here.

F
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
F
I was hoping for a CF version of the hood then Cuervo and Fletcha took all my money but I did say if it came down to 1 person making or breaking this GB to let me know and maybe I could do it. But as far as it goes for now I'm not in...sorry guys.

Formerly known as Sneaku I MISS MY BABY!!! '00 Blk CSVT #1087/2150 built 12/23/99
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I'll take Fiberglass over CF. But Really lets get this public and get more people in.

E
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
E
I'm in also. I would just like to get a shipping estimate.

-Endo -1998 Contour SVT 17" ADR RS Limited Mase in white with 215/45/17 Kumho 712's -1990 Camaro 355 TPI/5-speed
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
1.I-Dom-In-8
2.Keyser
3.Speed Demon
4.freakshow?
5.SVTCuervo
6.Endo

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6