Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
NWBurbs Offline OP
OP Offline
N
I have a 95 Countour. Recently both the traction control and anti-lock brake lights came on. They went on and off for a few days and now they remain on all the time. Any suggestions?

J
J
My '95 Mystique w/ABS & traction control has had the exact symtoms as you have described with the lights. The brakes work fine as conventional (non-ABS). My mechanic told me that I will have to replace the anti-lock brake pump assembly or also referred to as the hydraulic control unit pump & motor.

It may be the wiring. Mine was replaced twice years ago. Dealer jacked with the ABS unit and the lights kept coming on until they replaced the harness. Still some time left on the underhood wire recall if you have less than 100K miles. smile

C
C
Yeah check the wiring, especially in the wheel wells. My ABS wiring came loose from the bracket in my left rear wheel well and the tire ripped through it causing an ABS and TC light. Spliced some wire in there and is good as new now.

95 T-Red SE MTX
Eibach springs, Custom cat-back exhaust, Cross-drilled front rotors, Momo air race leather shift-knob, Kenwood head unit, Kenwood 600w amp, 2 12" Infinty's, 18" Tantrums w/ Yoko Paradas, SCA CAI
T
T
Reset your PCM by disconnecting the negative battery terminal for a few minutes. Check the FAQ on how to do it, there are some fuses that come out too (can't remember which ones). They reset the 'keep-alive memory'.

Dan Parmelee
1999 Acura Integra SiR-G coupe
"I heard Affleck was the bomb in Phantoms"
"Word, bitch! Phantoms like a muhfuka"

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard