Next Thread
Print Thread
M
MBR2003 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

I got out of my car this weekend, while it was still running and I noticed a sweak noise coming from the engine. I got back in the car, turned the music down and gave it a little gas and it repeated faster with higher RPM so it varies with engine speed. Its faint so with higher rpm you can't hear it. Given the kind of noise, it is like something is rotating around and rubbing, weather it be the crank, cams, or maybe the belt pulleys.

Pete, I don't know if you remember, but back at the Malibu bar and Grill meet last winter, I think it was your car that was making a similar noise. I was wondering if you figured out what it was. Andy, Jesse, Antonio, Matt (cobra Matt) you guys got any insight, you were there too.

I just wanted your guys thoughts. I haven't had a whole lot of time to look deeper into it yet. Thanks in advance....

-Matt

LTJG Matthew Roy, USNR, FLY NAVY! 1999 SVT Contour Black/Midnight Blue # 1505 of 2760
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Matt,
My car just makes weird sounds in general and I have given up on trying to figure out what they are and fixing them - I just accept that my car makes weird noises now.

I don't know much - hopefully Andy or Matt will chime in here - but maybe you should check your belts for wear, drying out, etc.

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
M
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
M
I would check your belts. If they look worn, I'd replace them. If you haven't replaced them since you've gotten the car, I'd replace them anyway.

--Matt

2003 Sonic Blue SVT Cobra Coupe 2003 RedFire SVT Cobra Convertable 2005 Dark Toreador Red F150 XLT 4x4 2000 Black SVT Contour - Beater
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
Sorry Matt,
But I'd have to hear it to be able to give you an idea. Marshall is right though, start with the belts!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
M
MBR2003 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
M

Thanks for the advice fellas. I appreciate it.

-Matt

LTJG Matthew Roy, USNR, FLY NAVY! 1999 SVT Contour Black/Midnight Blue # 1505 of 2760

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard