Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bigmanz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
got my cel checked out last night and my friendly neighborhood autozone said my bank 1 Intake Manifold Runner Control is stuck open, and my bank 1 heated o2 sensor indicated lean. What is a heated o2 sensor as opposed to a regular o2 sensor, and where is it located? also, has anyone dealt with a stuck intake runner control? is it actually stuck or is there a leak or what?

I
I
I am having the same problem..code 1518..I think

I am yet to figure out how to fix it.

Brittany
Contour SVT
F
F
I have the same code...1518...But I am lacking power in the upper rpm range...above 3000. I am thinking the secondaries are stuck shut because I don't feel the surge of power like I use to around 3400 rpm. I am going to pull the uim this week and then I'll know for sure. If not I'll just shoot it!!
Just kidding
If anyone else has info on this code 1518 it would be much appreciated.

98.5 CSVT
CTA open air element
Otherwise stock
B
bigmanz Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I poked around last night and found that my cable going from the IMRC to the secondaries had snapped, meaning they are stuck closed, but i assume the sensor goes by cable tension, meaning my car thinks they are stuck open because of all the slack. anyone know if you can buy a new cable separately or do i have to buy a whole new IMRC?

T
T
Nope...well not yet...have to buy the whole unit...Ford Part..

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!
F
F
Yeah, the same thing happened to me as I looked at my car today. The cable rides right under the camshaft water pump pully and rubs it till it breaks. Bad design by whoever designed it. I chacked with my local ford dealer and you cannot buy the cable by itself you have to buy the whole irmc box and they will never just offer the cable because there is no way to exchange it in the irmc box. that sucks! The box cost 131.00, so I told him to just keep it for now and I went home and removed the secondaries. I still get the CEL but my car runs alot better now.
Good luck

98.5 CSVT
CTA open air element
Otherwise stock
T
T
The IMRC cable is routed over the front cam cover and retained by plastic clips, only way it can come loose and rub the w/pump pulley etc is if its been disturbed in the past.....

V6 MTX
'Don't p**s up my back then tell me it's raining!!!"
'Its only nuts & bolts!'
'If I build it,fix it,upgrade it or modify it...MAYBE they will come....!
Haines Motor Sports Inc,
Dealer for 'Quaife America' & 'Autotech Sport Tuning'
SOLE USA Dealer for the American Axle 'AUSSIE BAR'...
Get a Turbo for you Zetec from HMS Inc...by 'The Demon' ...www.DemonDynamics.co.uk
..don't talk about it DO IT !!!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard