Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684501 07/07/03 05:40 AM
F
OP Offline
F

Hi,

I am looking at trying to fix a tail light that does not work. The right tail light works but the left does not. The right has orange wire and the other side has an orange with a white stripe for the tail light. Bothe brake lights work though. There is no voltage to the left side tail light.

I have checked in the trunk and see no wire issues there. Should I be checking the entire wiring harness or is there something else to check? Since they have seperate wires, might they be on a different fuse?

Thanks,

FixinMomsCar

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Check fuse #36 or 37 if I remember correctly. The turn signal and the tail light are on different fuses.

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
check the harness wires. Mine is kind of flakey, if the blue wire moves too much, the tail light will come on with the night lights, but it won't work as a turn signal. turn your blinker on while you're back there pushing and wiggling the wires, see if your light will blink then.

Silver 1998 Mystique LS (v6) ATX Removed Emblems, limo tint http://members.sounddomain.com/teknocracy25
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Check the wiring at the point just before it enters the trunk lid .(at the support arm on the left as you look into the trunk)There is much flexing of the wire in that area and the wire may break due to metal fatigue. Mine did anyway.

stock 95 LX,6cyl ATX 98.5 wheels with Yokohama AVID T4's
F
OP Offline
F
Checked fuses no luck.

But interesting thing is the left tail light and front parking light do not work when lights are on. But the turn signal flashes the light.

I would think it was a grounding problem or a broken wire somewhere, but would the turn signal flash the light if there was?

thanks everyone,

FixnMomsCar

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard