Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
Hey, i am a mechanic and need some help on this. last couple times its been really hot out like 90+ my system cuts in and out intermittenly. I have a kenwood tornado 10" 600W sub with a rock/fosgate 200X1 watt amp. mounted on the trunk floor. i touched the amp and its hot but i dont know if its getting to hot and shutting off. if i turn down the vol. a few seconds later it'll come back on. i had a loose ground before and fixed that so that is unlikely the problem again. should i mounted it on the back of my folding rear seats and add a fan. let me hear what you guys think. thanx.

1998 Contour V6 se ATX Black Bassanni w/o resinators, modified intake box, DMD New headlights w/ silverstar 9005's, blue neons inside, metal waterpump, pioneer head, pioneer 5x7 3 ways,2 10" subs, 800w amp, 17x7.5 motegi mr12 p215/45/17
A
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
A
Where do you have it grounded? Ground is very important.

Joel Falkenberg
C
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
C
Also, what impedence is that sub, check with the manual of the amp, to make sure you are not putting to much load on it.

Alan 93 Acura Integra LS 5spd Horizon Gray Metallic ------------------------- -96 Gl Zetec ATX- Totaled as of 11/29/03 at 4pm Champagne Metallic CC Pics
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
I have the same problem as you do. When it gets hot outside the amp bakes in the trunk. I have a kenwood amp w/ a built-in cooling fan and it still overheats. Put your back seat down to let air circulate in the trunk and that usually takes care of the problem. I'm working on a way to keep the amp cool even with the seat up, I'll keep everybody updated.

- Andrew

1999 SVT TRed/Tan: B-Day 1/28/99 #1034/2760 Sony ABP HU, Kenwood 800w Amp, XPLOD ES 800w Amp, Lightning Audio 1 Frd. Cap w/ Dig Readout, 2 12" JL W3's, Pioneer 6x8, K&N RU-3530, Superchip, SVT Sill Plates, Grill Mod, Ding guard-less, B&M Short throw
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hmmm...what do you have the gain set to? Maybe it is clipping when you increase the volume? I have 2 old school 120a2 RF amps, one is mounted into the box facing the back of the fold down seat and the other is mounted into the back of the box facing into the trunk. Both are mounted straight up and neither have ever cut out on me, both are bridged powering a Kenwood 10" like the one you have. My lid is sound proofed so it really gets cookin in there! I would turn the gain down a bit(if set incorrectly) and temporarily mount your amp straight up(vertical) and see if that helps. Good luck.

'01 Escape XLT V6 on S100 CDT Audio/Ascendant Audio/Rockford/JBL/Knukonceptz setup '00 SE Sport ATX

Moderated by  dnewma04_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard