Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#681080 07/02/03 05:38 AM
B
OP Offline
B
1.Continuous waterpump problems. Got car used in 2002, and lost what I believe was the original waterpump about 3 weeks later (all dates are general) with a little less than 80,000 miles on the car. Replaced it with another waterpump from Advance which lasted under three months. I got it replaced with the same waterpump, but am again having problems. It has been whining for a while and is leaking pretty badly. I think getting a waterpump with a metal impeller would be the solution and am wondering if anyone has a better idea or a good place to get one. Also wonder what a reverse rotation waterpump is and what the difference is.

2.What seems to be bucking. More noticeable with a/c on and in lower gears under light acceleration. Fuel pump? Right now the car has around 84-85 grand on it.

3.Sometimes the car doesn't accelerate like it should. It takes about three times as long to get up to speed as usual. Seems like a tremendous loss of power. Haven't noticed any special conditions to cause this. Happens fairly frequently and is very noticeable. It does it sometimes no matter whether the car is hot/cold, just started/been driven awhile, etc. Any suggestions would be great and how I could fix them.

4.Check engine light is almost always on. Figure it is an emission problem, but also don't have the cash to get it checked out at the shop, especially with the other problems i'm having right now. If anyone knows a way to check the codes, it would be a great help.

5.Stabilizer/Sway bar bushings in the back are shot. Going around some turns the back end will actually jump, even at low speed and especially if the road is uneven or slippery. Should I just replace the bushings, the whole sway bar or is there a better set of bushings that I could get for it?

6.The back tail light has busted plastic pieces where it hooks in to the wing. I need a way to secure it so that it isn't likely to come back out. Would double sided tape be my best bet?

Sorry if any of these problems are unclear. If you need more information, just ask and I'll supply it. Any help is appreciated.

#681081 07/02/03 08:09 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
1 A number of people have gone through several water pumps. They don't shatter like the first, they just run hot and leak. Check and backflush each part of the cooling system.

2. Could be many things. Take care of number 3 first.

3. Check the condition and operation of the IMRC if you can, replace if necessary.

4. Many stores like Autozone will read codes free in all states but CA.

5. No need to replace bar. Poly bushings are available.

6. Junkyard!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
#681082 07/02/03 01:58 PM
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Originally posted by BlackDiamond:
1.Continuous waterpump problems. Got car used in 2002, and lost what I believe was the original waterpump about 3 weeks later (all dates are general) with a little less than 80,000 miles on the car. Replaced it with another waterpump from Advance which lasted under three months. I got it replaced with the same waterpump, but am again having problems. It has been whining for a while and is leaking pretty badly. I think getting a waterpump with a metal impeller would be the solution and am wondering if anyone has a better idea or a good place to get one. Also wonder what a reverse rotation waterpump is and what the difference is.

2.What seems to be bucking. More noticeable with a/c on and in lower gears under light acceleration. Fuel pump? Right now the car has around 84-85 grand on it.

3.Sometimes the car doesn't accelerate like it should. It takes about three times as long to get up to speed as usual. Seems like a tremendous loss of power. Haven't noticed any special conditions to cause this. Happens fairly frequently and is very noticeable. It does it sometimes no matter whether the car is hot/cold, just started/been driven awhile, etc. Any suggestions would be great and how I could fix them.

4.Check engine light is almost always on. Figure it is an emission problem, but also don't have the cash to get it checked out at the shop, especially with the other problems i'm having right now. If anyone knows a way to check the codes, it would be a great help.

5.Stabilizer/Sway bar bushings in the back are shot. Going around some turns the back end will actually jump, even at low speed and especially if the road is uneven or slippery. Should I just replace the bushings, the whole sway bar or is there a better set of bushings that I could get for it?

6.The back tail light has busted plastic pieces where it hooks in to the wing. I need a way to secure it so that it isn't likely to come back out. Would double sided tape be my best bet?

Sorry if any of these problems are unclear. If you need more information, just ask and I'll supply it. Any help is appreciated.

• Metal impeller water pump from NAPA
  • Need more info. Bucking all the time? Just when warm? Does it go away under WOT?
  • May be related to the bucking problem. Clean your Throttle Body (TB) & be sure to clean behind the gasket!
  • This should be your FIRST step. Get checked for free at Autozone, do a search for the codes here. MUCH INFO!
  • Bushings, including poly, are available. Search Mods/Parts section of CEG main pages.
  • For new go to Fordpartsonline.com. For used, hit the bone yard.

There is much info available within this site. Look around & you'll learn to love your car.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard