Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
I raced my Tour in a straight line for the first time the other night. I'm usually not much for dragging (I prefer AutoX and the like), especially since I have an ATX, but at the track watching all my friends race I decided I had to show them what my baby could do. I lined up with a stock-looking silver Celica GT-S MTX. I figured I'd start ahead and fall once the VVT-i motor got up on the tach, but things actually happened in the reverse order. Off the line he got a great launch and left me, but once we were at about 35 I just reeled him in and walked away. I'm pretty damn sure he botched a shift, but I'll take the win either way. He wasn't even in contention at the finish, but I'm not sure exactly how far back he was. Everyone was pretty impressed, even if the Celica was stock (and he jammed a shift).

One win I can honestly claim is a nose over my buddy's MTX Protege5, which was running on the bottle. Same scenario as the first race, he launches well then falls slowly as we go down the track. Funny thing is, my IMRC gave up at the end. No telling how much difference that would have made, though.

Last run of the night was a loss to another buddy of mine, running a B16 '91 Civic Hatch. There was no contest there, he's got that thing straight TUNED. My IMRC stayed jammed the whole way down the strip also.

All things considered, I had fun and raced well (even if all I had to do was keep my foot to the floor)!

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
I think usually that is the way it goes with an atx. pretty much anybody with a standard will get out of the whole faster, and if you're going to win with a duratec, it's gonna be when YOU get into your high rpm's. I'm actually pretty impressed with the atx in the tours though. I know it's no mtx, but for what it is, it does pretty good. Especially when you chip it.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Yeah, the CD4E has done me well except for its one fatal flaw: it's in the tranny shop as I speak getting it's third rebuild in 12K miles.

-Rob *Just turned over 100k @ 100 mph! 1998 Contour Sport V6 ATX w/ mods & DMD http://photobox.absoluteagency.com/home/default.asp?lackey
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Wow those are pretty imaginative stories...

You beat 3 high 14 to low 15 second cars with your 16-17 second one...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
He said he only beat the first two. If he did, he got real lucky (re: they fugged up).

Chris G. ~ 98 Mystique LS ATX
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Originally posted by Antiramie:
He said he only beat the first two. If he did, he got real lucky (re: they fugged up).

Yes he did....a win is a win!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Wow those are pretty imaginative stories...

You beat 3 high 14 to low 15 second cars with your 16-17 second one...

Read the whole post next time.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
As far as I know, usually the ATX's are better for the strip, MTX is better for the twisties...?

-Tavis

'99 SVT Contour #535/2760, born 11/30/98. Toreador Red / Prairie Tan Wife's car: '00 Saturn LS2. Dk. Toreador Red (no joke) / Graphite Sunday Bruiser: '67 Camaro rs/SS350 4 spd. Ermine White / Custom Yellow
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
MTX is just better all around. I hate my auto, but it was the right price when I bought it, plus my car at the time was dead. I will say that from what I've experienced on road courses that the car does really well, considering it's ATX with few mods. Tell you what though, if the tranny goes south again I'm going through with the MTX swap!

G
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
G
Well auto's are usally slower but and auto is good for track, also in bracket racing. Very dependable times

99 CSVT****TRADED IN**** 98 CSVT *SHO Y-pipe *Magnaflow Exhaust *highflow cat *KKM intake *Rousch springs *ST200 Struts *19" Axis Sevens 2004 Blue Chevy Cavalier *Groundcontrol coilovers *debadged
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard