Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you know that we will be having an Angeles Crest Cruise on August 2nd (Saturday). The other groups invited are NewCougar.org and FocalJet.com. I am expecting a GREAT turnout of Focus owners and hopefully we have several Cougars and Contours show up. I will have my Cougar there and my wife Jennifer will roll along in her Mazda6i (thing handles VERY well, I just took it for a spin on the Crest yesterday).

The plan is to meet up at the Sport Chalet in La Canada-Flintridge right off the the 210 freeway at 12:00pm:

Sport Chalet

As you turn onto FootHill Blvd, Sport Chalet will be on the North side of the street, so keep your eyes open and make sure you are in the left lane as the left turn lane comes up quickly. There is a parking lot in the back that can hold about 20 cars or so....

After we all meet up and hang for 20-30 minutes, we will then head up the hill. We will head straight to Newcombs Ranch, about 30-40 miles up the hill. We will stop there for lunch, pictures, etc. At that point, you can either turn around and head back down the hill to go home, or continue with us for some more twisty road action.

We have several choices:

1)Continue North into WrightWood and to the 15 freeway
2) Head back down south to Upper Big Tujunga Canyon and take that to Angeles Forest and then back to the Crest
3) Continue North to Mtn High Ski Resort and catch Highway N4 down to the Antelope Valley (nice smooth mountain roads)... This would ultimately take you to the 14 freeway South to head back to L.A.

Depending on which route you take, plan to be on this drive from anywhere between 2-5 hours.... Discussion of which route we/you will take will be part of the meeting in the parking lot before we head up the hill. If you have any questions or suggestions, just make a post here....

Nikolas

Owner www.Draxas.com 15.09 @ 91.54(corrected, pre-SVT conversion, DiabloChip, and Injectors)
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
We have had to move the date to August 9th to accomodate the FocalJet gathering... Focus On The Beach taking place August 2nd....

Nikolas

Owner www.Draxas.com 15.09 @ 91.54(corrected, pre-SVT conversion, DiabloChip, and Injectors)
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Hey that focus on the beach thing sounds kind of interesting. How about something like that wiht the contours? August is a nice month to go to the beach.

-Rob

White 95 GL ATX 56K Miles on it. Optilux By Hella Fog lights (The Angel Eyes) Driven hard, Just like I like it!
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Angeles Crest would be good. If I can get the day off, I'll be there.

BTW, Nikolas, I'm in Cal City and I know that there is another guy up in Ridgecrest and another one in SBD. We all should get together some day.

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
I'm in. I just moved to Glendale and so am only about 15 minutes from the start of the highway...

I was just up there on Saturday, and I was driving a Mercury Tracer in a cloud - no more than 50 feet of visibility, period, so I wasn't exactly ripping it up . One consideration though - they had the gates closed for a landslide just about 45 miles or so into the drive, with no signs prior to that saying the road was closed. They'll probably have it cleared by then though, I guess.

I did see 2 SVTs, one black at the hiking parking lot way up on top, and one silver one with a blacked-out exhaust cover on the back zooming through the fog. Anyone up there that day?

christopher

'99 SVT Black and stockish - except for the tow hitch, but pretend not to notice it. "I'm just gonna go find a cash machine..."
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Mike,

If you can make it to the cruise, we should meet up right off the 14 freeway and Angeles Forest Highway. Then we can rip through the mountains together (along with my wife in her Mazda6) to the meeting point off the 210 freeway. We will have to leave Palmdale around 11am or so in order to get to the meeting spot with some time to spare (never know when there might be traffic on the Crest).

Chris,

I was up there on Sunday, and made it all the way to Newcombs Ranch.. which is right around the 50 Mile marker..I dont know if the road was closed for you on Saturday before or after Newcombs Ranch....

Nikolas

K
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
K
Is that where there's a relatively large parking lot on the left (as you're going toward Palmdale), looks like a trailhead or something like that? Or wait...is it where that little restaurant on the left side of the road is, where all the sportbikes hang out?

'99 SVT Black and stockish - except for the tow hitch, but pretend not to notice it. "I'm just gonna go find a cash machine..."
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Nikolas,
Sounds good. I'll go put in for time off on Aug 9th right now.
What do you drive anyway? A couple of months ago I saw a Silver SVT at club La Rue. It has wheels and different exhaust tips on it.
I also saw a T-red SVT on 10th street over by the Home Depot ahwile back too. Couldn't get turned around in time to catch up with him though.
Was that you? or anyone you know?

Mike

Former - 98 CSVT E0 T-Red 4/4/97 #173 of 6535 Dear Santa
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Chris,

Newcombs Ranch is where all the bikers hang out at...it will be well past the Angeles Forest turnoff that heads to Palmdale...

Mike,

I drive a 1999 Mercury Cougar...White with White rims, Carbon Fiber Hood, etc.... Although, now I will have black rims and some R-Compound tires that I will use for daily driving..hehehheh....

Nikolas

R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
I f no one trips on a probe going I might go and see if my pops can go in his CSVT.
Mike Bandy

1996 Ford Probe GT J-spec 200hp engine custom mandrel-bent exhaust H&R springs/Tokico struts PRD sts/CM stage 1 http://members.cardomain.com/ronindice
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Fmr12B_dup1, path914 

Link Copied to Clipboard