Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
This car is really starting to piss me off!!! The dealer replaced the IAC valve under warranty, 2 months later Im stuck the the same problem. No more warranty so I replace the IAC valve and the TPS, 2 weeks later, the problem is starting again.

Please don't tell me to try the TH fix because I can deal with throttle hang...this is throttle rise. The RPM's will go up when you put it in neutral and your rolling, then when you come to a complete stop the RPM's will drop down. It will idle perfectly at 600 - 750 but then it will jump up to 1100 or so and drop back down. And it will just go up and down. It pisses me off so much when Im at a light, so I wind up taking off like a mofo. And then there's other times where the car runs perfect.

What else could be causing this to happen??? Please help...

Kamil

99 SVT ~ "Black Beauty"
#2362 of 2760
DOB: 7/28/99

So far...
-20% tint w/ front tint strip
-Ding guards removed
-Fog light mod
-Alpine CDA-7875
-2 MTX T6000 12's
-MTX Thunder4202 amp
-FMS wires w/ Bosch +4's
-Mobil 1 ATX
J
J
My car (99 SVT) does almost the same thing, minus the idle speed rising while I'm stopped, except for when I have the air conditioning or defrost on. When the compressor kicks in the engine momentarily revs up to almost 1k rpm then drops back down to normal. I just ignore it.

"careful man, there's a beverage here."
e-mail: boseraq@hotmail.com
aol IM: madhat1412
B
B
Parts are warranted for 12 months or 12,000 miles whichever comes first. If a part is installed during the bumper to bumper warranty, you get the remainder of the bumper warranty or the 12/12, whichever gives you the greatest protection. If the part they just replaced failed again, you were probably still covered by warranty. I hope this isn't too late to help.

Jim Johnson
98 SVT
A
A
i dealt with that same problem for a while...i understand your frustration. All I did was reset the computer and that took care of it. Well, its been 3 months and hasn't done it since. Might wanna try that. smile

-neal

99 SVT...modified
96 GL....the beater
"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. For those 14 to 15 seconds, 16 if I get tire spin, or get a bad jump, or possibly if I have a friend in the car, I'm free."
D
D
i have the same problem, then my car wouldnt start, i replaced the fuel pump and the problem was fixed...just a thought...

T
T
Dougan,
Is your car a Zetec too? What is the miles on your car before the fuel pump goes and at what miles you start seeing the symptom? I have the exact same problem. Originally, my car starts to stall at stop and I have to put it in park to prevent it from dying. I replaced the IAC, because the resistance was out of spec. The condition did improved to a point that I don't need to put in park at a stop. However, I still can feel the hesitation. I now have my defrost on at all time (for the high heat issue) and the idl RPM is higher and I don't feel the hesitation, but I still want to fix the stupid problem.

S
OP Offline
S
Yeah, this is the only reason why I havent even started modding the car because sometimes I just wanna get rid of it. But so far so good, Im just keeping my fingers crossed.

But now that you guys mentioned that it could be a fuel pump...that worries me. Sometimes when you start the car it does crank a little more than it should. Id say maybe it would crank for around 5 sec. and then just start. This usually happens when the engine is hot, when it was just turned off a couple min. ago. But I have never had a stalling problem so I dont know what it could be.

I really do want to keep the car thats why Im just replacing anything and everything that could cause this...but I would need more opinions on the fuel pump.

Thanks...

Kamil

99 SVT ~ "Black Beauty"
#2362 of 2760

So far...
-Ding guards removed
-Fog light mod
-Alpine CDA-7875
-2 MTX T6000 12's
-MTX Thunder4202 amp
-FMS wires w/ Bosch +4's
-Mobil 1 ATX
T
T
I would suggest replacing the fuel filter if you haven't already and check for leaks everywhere on the intake inboard of the MAF. Might also want to clean the MAF sensor. (An electronics spray cleaner works fine.) I'm assuming your AC/defrost is not on.

Scott
95 SE-2.5L ATX (120K+ miles & many mods)
M
M
Have you cleaned the throttle body/fuel injectors? Probably needs it anyway, but that may help.

99 Silver SVT with:
lowered-eibach springs, piaa fog lights in upper mesh grill, K&N filter, tinted, flowmaster mufflers, straight-piped cat(temporarily w/ca. for emissions), custom spoiler
S
OP Offline
S
Believe me...I did everything on the scheduled mileage. Plugs, wires, fuel filter, cleaned throttle body(didnt feel any difference though), coolant flush, tranny fluid. Thats all I could think of at the moment. It sucks that I care about it so much and its gotta run like sh*t.

I think its something maybe making one of the sensors go bad. Because it cant be that everything I buy goes bad in less than 2 months. If thats true...the FORD quality really does suck!!! Let me tell you, before I replaced the TPS, it would be so bad that I would reset the comp for at least 10 min. and fire the car up, it would idle perfectly for at least 3-5 min. then the idle would go up immediately. Ive reset the comp so many times. I only like this car when Im not driving it and that a shame... frown

Kamil

99 SVT ~ "Black Beauty"
#2362 of 2760

So far...
-Ding guards removed
-Fog light mod
-Alpine CDA-7875
-2 MTX T6000 12's
-MTX Thunder4202 amp
-FMS wires w/ Bosch +4's