Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
Close to Atlanta or in the upper parts of SC. Basically i am looking for grey interior parts. MY 97 came to me missing some pieces and i am trying to put her right. I need things like....ok

a driver side seat belt and the plastic cover for that area.
A driver side seat
A passenger side air condition vent
A new oil filler cap
A new spare tire cover and possible a jack set.

I am willing to drive a bit to ge tthis stuff. When i was in NC there was a place called wagners that had a ton of cars but that alas is now 8 hours away.

I am hoping that you guys know of a junkyard around atlanta...i have called a few places but they claim not to have contours...

Yeah right....

But i digress..help would be appreciated.

Brian

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by Contour_n_SHO:
a driver side seat belt and the plastic cover for that area.
A driver side seat
A passenger side air condition vent
A new oil filler cap
A new spare tire cover and possible a jack set.

I have two oil filler caps-one off my 1999 Zetec and one off my 2000 Duratec. I also have the flooring for the trunk; if that's what you need. I don't have an extra jack, but I do have an extra wrench/pry bar. I remember seeing some grey interior 'Tours at the junkyard here in Chattanooga last time I went, but the interior parts may not be in the best condition.

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
T
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
T
Eric,

Are there some SVTs (well, ex-SVTs) over there ?
I want to (finally) do the foglights and just realized
the headlight switch costs $50 even at fordpartsonline...

I'm also in need of a lot of small plastics interior trim
pieces (since my car got broken into )
and the junkyards around here usually don't let you "pick
what you need"

thx,

Tiv

C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
Originally posted by tiv:
Eric,

Are there some SVTs (well, ex-SVTs) over there ?
I want to (finally) do the foglights and just realized
the headlight switch costs $50 even at fordpartsonline...

I'm also in need of a lot of small plastics interior trim
pieces (since my car got broken into )
and the junkyards around here usually don't let you "pick
what you need"

thx,

Tiv

Nope, no SVT's. Besides that, the foggies for the SVT's are different from non-SVT's, right? The switch, IIRC, is the same no matter what model. That sucks a million your car got broken into. What all got jacked up? Anything stolen? And yes, I do get to pick around the yard. It's so much fun! It's like an Easter egg hunt, except you don't know what you're looking for until you find it!

2000 Contour SE 2.5L ATX - Toreador Red 2001 VW Golf GLS 2.0L MTX - Tornado Red Buy my possessed VCR!!
M
M
If you are looking around Atlanta, I suggest looking in the Atlanta yellow pages for junkyards. One of my headrests died and I needed to replace it and went to one on the Southside of Atlanta, $20. I don't remember the name but the yard had at least 3 Contours, probably more. It is between I-85 & I-75 south of Atlanta. It is near Union City because I test drove an Altima there while I was down in that area.

There are a bunch of yards on the outskirts of Atlanta. Many have their stock computerized so you can check to see if they have what you want before driving down.

Good luck,

MCWill

95 Contour LX V6 ATX 14" ICW buffed chrome wheels

Moderated by  Lee_dup2, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard