air bag flashed.

Does it indicate any defect of the air bag
of my car?

Thanks!

Z
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
Z
does your cruise control work...does your horn work..could be a clockspring...

Last edited by ZooYork03; 06/19/03 02:33 AM.

Works on contingency, no money down.....oh wait let me change a few things....Works on Contingency? NO, Money Down!!!! 98 Se in the works.... Looking for, 18'rs-6 or RS-5's SVT rear FOUND!!! SVT front (thanks SVTCuervo)
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Well it is possible. What code did it flash? Take the code that it flashed and come back a do a search. Some have had a lot of luck with cleaning the connections of the front crash sensor's.NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!. Please, read through the post to find out how they keep the system from thinking it was in a wreck.

Another cause could be a weak battery. Yeah I know, sounds stupid, but many of us (me included) have had their air bag light flash at odd times and found it was a slowly dying battery. Mine flashed a code 35 or something like that, that would be three pulses followed by 5 pulses.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Interesting.... a few weeks back mine flashed, but I think it flashed 5-3. Ever since that one time driving, it has not done it again. Maybe I got it reversed and it was really 3-5? Battery seems ok though, and is about 3 years old I believe. Hmm....

U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
Originally posted by SVTour98:
Interesting.... a few weeks back mine flashed, but I think it flashed 5-3. Ever since that one time driving, it has not done it again. Maybe I got it reversed and it was really 3-5? Battery seems ok though, and is about 3 years old I believe. Hmm....

Get it checked, before you end up like me... stranded!! No Joke! I noticed a few other funny things going on at the sametime, but the only one I can remember off hand was with my sunroof. When I would turn the car off, the roof would close, right? Well after it would close, it would open again. Then close, then stop about half open. I just stood there watching it open and close thinking to myself, "Too bad I am not Catholic." Taking the advice of a fellow CEGer, which I thought was crazy at the time(I was new, cut me some slack!), I got my battery checked and it failed the stress test. You know when they put a load on it or whatever. I did not have the money at the time to replace it, so I just let it ride until payday. Two days later and 5 days before payday, I was calling my wife asking her to bring a bootser to a place that I could not even explain to her how to get to. AFter the battery replacment, all was fine.

If the battery checks good, then just search for the number of threads about this and you will find what you are looking for. There was one pretty recent actually.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
Just checked an old Oasis report I had...says Ford replaced the battery on 08/09/00 with 32,168 on the odometer. So it's about 3 years old, with about 36,000 miles on it right now. I'll swing by Sam's Club and have it tested, I can pick up a Champion battery there if it's bad. Thanks for the input! Hopefully that was a 3-5 light I got and not a 5-3. I looked up the 5-3 a while back and it had something to do with the main crash sensor... My luck, it's something not covered under my ESP, lol.

S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
So...ran over to Sam's Club and had them test my Motorcraft battery... turns out it was bad. So long as the tech input the correct CCA into his machine (and wasn't trying to rip me off), this is a good thing! I ended up getting a Champion battery. It was $50 and has 675CCA instead of Motorcraft's 580CCA. Also has a 3yr replacement guarantee. I ended up installing it myself (in the rain) when I got home because they said it would be 1.5hr+ before they could get to it. It BARELY fit too, nice and snug. Anyway, thanks for the informative post Phil. You probably just saved me from being stuck somewhere with a dead battery!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard