Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
As you can all tell I am a rookie when it comes to upgrading my SVT. Does anyone have a Polished Aluminum Intake Pipe on their SVT (I am sure the answer is yes)? Is this a good answer to helping my SVT gain HP? If not what are better options?

I will also be asking in the future about other upgrades.....stay tuned.......

ReRunnSVT '99
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
i don't have it but i wish i did, i plan on getting it soon though. all i have no is the MAF and an open air element. it will help the HP gain btw

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M

I think Pete has one on his car. I think he got it from CTA motorsports. I could be wrong though. He would be the person to ask.

-Matt

LTJG Matthew Roy, USNR, FLY NAVY! 1999 SVT Contour Black/Midnight Blue # 1505 of 2760
G
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
G
Per the original designer of the BAT pipe, it is a common misconception that the intake pipe provides any performance gains - minimal at best.

Pros:
- aesthetically pleasing vs. the stock accordian tube
- "smooths" airflow

Cons:
- gets hot very fast
- retains heat much more than the stock pipe
* I noticed this at AIS01 during ice downs. After about 5 minutes, I touched my BAT pipe and it was still too hot to touch. I touched the stock pipe on another SVT and it was just warm.

HTH

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
ahhh, i was thinking of the Pro-Flow MAF which is what i have. i got mixed up

"What did you think about that Dorothy girl?" "The whole Judy Garland thing kinda turned me on. That doesn't make me some sort of fag does it? "Nah baby, your money." 98 Black SVT #3560 of 6535
L
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
L
gosh theres nothing like nice HOT air to feed into an engine when you're looking for performance

doh

PRIME-TOUR You're fired! I write the books here! ~Tom~

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard