Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#658310 06/10/03 04:01 AM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Originally posted by Faze Away:
Here ya go...

Nothing to do with this thread, but I learned how to do color changes tonight. I know it is crude, but it is my first time:

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
#658311 06/10/03 04:54 AM
N
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
N
Originally posted by Kyo:
Originally posted by blury:
Originally posted by Honkeytonk Monkey:
Last time i Checked the WRX was 32-35K and the focus ran in the 12-15K Who ever is trying to sell you a focus 22K needs there ass kicked.

Or needs to read a little more.. HM is in Saskatoon, as in Sakatchewan, as in Canadian-money-worth-nuthin'-money.. Err.. well like my own money too..

As advertised on Ford.ca:

2003 Ford Focus - 4dr Sedan ZTS - TOTAL MSRP* $23,910
That's the "Special Value Package" offered on the first page of the Focus section.

The cheapest Focus available here is the LX Sedan, and it's advertised at 17,375$ CDN. The SVT is 27,495$

Let's see for the WRX...

Taken from subaru.ca:

WRX Sedan
Starting from: $35,495

Yeah... from... :-)

Let's also not forget a certain Saskatoon Monkey drives a Focus......

Shawn Clone Jezabel- 1999 SE Sport V6 MTX- Severly wounded, comatose Silver frost/Black Exterior-Midnight Blue Interior The Firecracker- 1995 Mystique LS V6 MTX stock and backfiring like a rifle shot I have 3 loves, my God, Brittany, and my Car.
#658312 06/10/03 01:47 PM
O
OSU Offline
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
Originally posted by DemonicTour:
Can someone photoshop these wheels on the focus below?

that kit actually makes the sedan halfway decent. i'd still get a hatch any day though if i had the choice.

latest mod: SVT speakers
#658313 06/10/03 02:27 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
Malibloo is a ZX5 It stickered at $26,400 (no I didn't pay that much) I found a trashed WRX at SGI salvage for $18K

By the way, no Focus, or SVT Focus, is going to touch an SVT Contour on the highway, not a chance (stock or slightly modded). It's got the aerodynamics of a barn door. You won't even outrun a Zetec Contour (.28cd) on the highway. Maybe a Focus would beat a SVT Yugo... maybe...

That front bumper is almost as low as an SVT with a splitter btw, so keep that in mind if you are looking at that bumper.

Jerseycat, if you have photoshop 7 and want some tips PM me, and I'll be more than happy to help you out

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
#658314 06/10/03 02:48 PM
C
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
C
I don't like Foci. But that kit looks bad-ass! I also like the first rims better. And no I don't believe any Foci would touch the CSVT on straight speed. I used to dust zx3's and such with my stock SE. All at a track of course!

99 Black SVT -3L Hybrid w/.5mm overbore, Spec clutch/flywheel, MSDS, BAT intake, K&N open, 17'Konig Tantrums, DMD, Opt. TB & Y, Powerslots, Bassani w/ magnaflow res. 96 SE MTX- "The War Wagon" "I'm in love with my car..." -Queen
#658315 06/10/03 03:17 PM
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Malibloo is a ZX5 It stickered at $26,400 (no I didn't pay that much) I found a trashed WRX at SGI salvage for $18K

By the way, no Focus, or SVT Focus, is going to touch an SVT Contour on the highway, not a chance (stock or slightly modded). It's got the aerodynamics of a barn door. You won't even outrun a Zetec Contour (.28cd) on the highway. Maybe a Focus would beat a SVT Yugo... maybe...

That front bumper is almost as low as an SVT with a splitter btw, so keep that in mind if you are looking at that bumper.

Jerseycat, if you have photoshop 7 and want some tips PM me, and I'll be more than happy to help you out

Honkeytonk, thanks for the offer. I am still rocking Photoshop 4.x. I need to upgrade soon, I know Just one question...check your PM.

2005 Subaru Legacy | Ban Them Forever
#658316 06/10/03 06:29 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Originally posted by newguysvt:
i'm not tryin to get in the battle. all i'm wondering is....wrx 32-35? they are in the 20's. what car did you kick the [censored] out of a csvt with? maybe i missed it.

We are talking the STI's right??? ad i the only Foci's that i have seen new for 20's are the SVT 5door. There reguarly advetised for around 15K to 16,500 for the ZX3 the LS sedans are even cheaper cause no one can get rif of them.

Ohh i got in my 2000 Focus SE Wagon. I wont post details as i now street racing is frowned upon on this site i am just going to say i thought those damn cars were faster than that. Must be the weight or gearing or somthing but i was no impressed. All i have owned is Zetec Tours never had a SVT or V6 i thought there mus be somthing to them for you guys to hold so strongly to them. But after that damn i mean beat by a low 16 second Focus wagon. I actuallt kind of felt bad i didnt even think i would win

These Cars are not garbage. Far from it. The handle un beliveably (true not AWD good but as good as you can get without it) Not only that the WRX's are butt F*#$in ugly. If you going to suggest a Turbo AWD at least suggest one that looks good like the EVO-8 or if we are really going to split hares how about an SRT-4. The focus is a nice car for the money

By the way were ever you guys are seing even the normal WRX in the 20's please let me know. I have about 5 friends that would buy one right now at that price.

95 Tour ATX Zetec EGR Block OFF Polished TB Polishe Vavle cover Energy suspension Greaseable sway bar bushings Front and rear Red interior lights 1/2 done Home made short ram intake Custom Grills Watch this space grow
#658317 06/10/03 06:33 PM
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B

Stock SVT tours are in waht Mid to High 16 second seconds. My best in my wagon 16.18 at TIR. Which i have been told translates to a little under 15 seconds at decent track. Look i dont anyhting SVT tours i never owned one. But from 60 MPH i jumped one whole car length ahead and stayed there till i hit the rev limiter Thats is all im saying on it.

95 Tour ATX Zetec EGR Block OFF Polished TB Polishe Vavle cover Energy suspension Greaseable sway bar bushings Front and rear Red interior lights 1/2 done Home made short ram intake Custom Grills Watch this space grow
#658318 06/10/03 06:44 PM
S
SAV Offline
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
S

Stock SVT tours are in waht Mid to High 16 second seconds. My best in my wagon 16.18 at TIR.

Got a time slip to prove that?

High 16 second CSVTs must have really lousy drivers. No Focus wagon I've heard of (at least stock, assuming yours is since you've not said otherwise) can touch a CSVT unless it was running on hopes and dreams.

Troll. 1997 VW Jetta MkIII GLS 5spd All hail my appearance on CEG!
#658319 06/10/03 11:52 PM
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H

Stock SVT tours are in waht Mid to High 16 second seconds. My best in my wagon 16.18 at TIR. Which i have been told translates to a little under 15 seconds at decent track. Look i dont anyhting SVT tours i never owned one. But from 60 MPH i jumped one whole car length ahead and stayed there till i hit the rev limiter Thats is all im saying on it.

Okay, then I'll say this

That SVT Contour wasn't trying to outrun you. He was likely just pacing you to annoy you since you were obviously trying to outrun him. I used to do that all the time, before I got my Focus. I love my Focus, but it's one of the slowest cars I've ever driven when it comes time to pull out and pass, always requiring a downshift. Your WTS is even heavier than my ZX5.

My regular 170hp Contour with a stuck secondary butterfly usually didn't require a downshift to pass, but when they did work, and I dropped to 4th, I could alomost hit the govenor passing a semi. That duratec would easily kick my ZX5s ass all over the highway, and the SVT is even faster.

The SVT Contour will pull hard on any Focus, including an SVT, or a JRSC ZX3 in a straight line or on the highway. You expect anyone to believe a regular 130hp Zetec WTS can hang with a 200hp Contour?

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  hetfield_dup1, Trapps_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard