Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#656570 07/05/03 05:40 PM
T
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
T
could be your mass air flow sensor, or one of your O2 sensors is on it's way out (you would get a CEL light, that's what happened to me), or your cat is worn out, and burning!

basicly, your car might be running too rich (due to MAF or o2 sensor not sending the right signal, so your car is sending too much gas instead of compensating accordingly) excess gas is going into your exuast and you smell the sulfur content. it might be your cat could be on its way out. good thing is - ford covers the exuast (but not MAF or o2 sensors) for 70,000 miles.

how's the gas mileage? If it's low, i'd blame the o2 or MAF.

Do you only get the smell after accelerating heavily, then stopping quickly? if so, it's probably just cheap, low octane gas burning up in the exuast. try switching brands and/or going lighter on the pedal. Do you have a check engine light>?

Silver 1998 Mystique LS (v6) ATX Removed Emblems, limo tint http://members.sounddomain.com/teknocracy25
#656571 07/09/03 03:57 PM
R
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
R
Quote:

cause my girlfriend blames every smell that comes into my car as its my car. and its starting to piss me off.

When do you get the smell? If it happens when you are moving then it's the car in front of you. The only time you will smell your own car is at a stop when when the wind is fromt he back. On a contique the only way to keep outside smells out is to put the heater on max A/C, which recirculates the inside air. Otherwise it's pulling in air from outside.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard