Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
Dyno Results

The 2nd seems a little flakey to me, otherwise its a great start for tuning.

Here is my setup for those wondering:

2000 3.0L Block
2.5L Heads/3.0L Valves
Full Port and Polish (via Kinger)
SVT Cams
SVT UIM
SVT LIM (with secondaries)
SVT TB
MSDS Headers
2.5" TrubendZ Exhaust
19 lb/inectors
PD Underdrive PS and ALT pulley's
Fidanza flywheel
CF DF Clutch
Quaife LSD
etc,
etc.....

Tuning is via a custom burned chip from Chris (Keyser) and Street Flight. Initially it was set to be rich for the break in period. Now its time to get some power

Comments greatly appreaciated!

Matt

Ex Owner - 1999 Melina Blue Cougar 3.0L/SVT Hybrid
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
I bet you'll be just shy of the 200hp at the front wheels I guesstimated before you had it built, with the right tuning. Nice power band though!

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
A2 Steve has the same mods w/ SVT heads. No port and polish. Tuned w/ Apexi. 204 at the wheels. You have some power left there fo sho!

http://www.vtengines.com/dynostevegrzesiak.htm

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by Swazo:
I bet you'll be just shy of the 200hp at the front wheels I guesstimated before you had it built, with the right tuning. Nice power band though!

His car is so rich that it buries the charts! I bet he gets dangerously close to 220 whp

I offer PnP Heads for all durtec's details at PnPheads.com or jesse@pnpheads.com for details.
T
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
T
Good to hear Matt......Man now I'm gonna have to do some more work to my SVT LOL SWEET

06 GMC Sierra 2500HD Dmax/ally 06 Pontiac G6 GT 05 CRF250R FOR SALE 06 KX65 with riding gear $2700 obo
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I bet it crests 200 FWHP and the TQ may climb to 200 as well.

IMO I do not see it breaking 210 FWHP. 25 FWHP is a ton to pull out of it even with it being that rich. Though like Kinger said it may be richer than it shows???

Either way those are nice numbers for how deadly rich it is and the best part is that it's only going to get a lot better once tuned!!!

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
C
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
C
There are a few other bottle-necks that need to be taken care of too.

I am running the stock exhaust/cat from the MSDS to the catback system. That will be replaced with 2.25" piping, a nice SS flex pipe, and a hi-flow cat. I can imagine this alone worth a few higher end HP.

Although a miniscule bottle-neck, I am running the Injen MAF adapter (WHICH SUCKS), so that will be upgraded, as well as a new larger filter.

But as Demon said, it can only get better (or until the 19's are maxed )

Ex Owner - 1999 Melina Blue Cougar 3.0L/SVT Hybrid
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
what the downwards spike right before 3,500k Thats way to early for the 2ndaries. Does that have something to do with the running rich?

98 csvt t-red.. sho-shop intake, b&m, fidanza, spec1 clutch, Torsen, DMD,optimized Y& TB, Brullen, rear strut bar,h&r's,17" konig traffik's. "I say what I mean and I do what i say"
P
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
P
Originally posted by CougarGT:
The 2nd seems a little flakey to me, otherwise its a great start for tuning.

The blips on the second run look to be timing pull by the knock sensor to me. Mine did the exact same thing when I had my timing problems (uhh, gotta make sure the coil pack is grounded in my case but my graph looked MUCH worse).

What spark plugs are you running? If you have the stock ones in there (APP764 or equivalent), I suggest going a step colder (APP103 or equivalent). That *could* be the culprit, especially since you did two back to back runs and a too hot set of plugs would show their symptoms on the 2nd (and subsequent) runs as they heated up.

The knock (if that's what it is) certainly isn't from running lean, but you will want to be careful when it does get leaned out that you don't introduce more knock, until you identify the cause of those blips. Might want to be a little more conservative on timing when you get the chip reburned.

Otherwise, nice start. On to 200!

W
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
W
Nice.

The peak torque was in the 180's, the 192 was just a blip from stepping on it. Still, it looks very similar to my dyno up to the point the A/F pegged rich. I think When you clean it up it will be in the 205-210 wHP range with maybe 190 TQ? If Chris adds more timing in after the fuel is cleaned up, you could hit the 200 TQ mark and the 210+ wHP range.
Very nice. It seems that a good set of 3L valves and good head work can net good results....hmmm....I seem to remember something about this before....oh YES, I resemble that remark.

Great job you guys.

BTW, I don't think that running rich is good for break-in, especially that rich. There is so much fuel that it will clean the oil off the cylinder walls. Better off running it like you want the final A/F ratio to be.

Oh yea, tell Chris that Tom said to tune it to 13.2:1 !!!! He'll get a kick out of that, plus I'm serious about it.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  bnoon_dup1, PA 3L SVT_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard