Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
I've always wondered...since it is a 2.25 inch exhaust...but then again its also a stock exhaust so I was wondering if you even get any gains out of it or if u just did it for looks.

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
try that neat little seach thingy we have cause I know darrel has mentioned it a few times what he gain with his SVT exaust

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
no I don't feel like searching...

lets talk about it again..

IonNinja 2005 Saturn ION-2 Sedan 1996 Ford Contour GL - Collecting dust...Zetec project anyone?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

ah... the pure art of lazniess... the joy that it brings to such life. im just messin i dont liek to use the search button either sence you get like 9k worthof post that doesnt really pretain to what you just searched for, but however i do find it in time.

97 Mystquie GS - I4 ATX died at 168K 94 Pontiac Crap AM SE - 2.3L I4 5spd 2002 Mazda Protege5 - 2.0L ATX
I
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
I
i was just wondering so i don't feel that its all that necessary to search...I don't want one.

just sparkin up some convo....oh yeah plus i don't feel like reading through 80000 exhaust posts to get a couple opinions...yeah i'm lazy oh well

B
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by ZetecNinja:

Here you go !!!!

show them whos the beeechie now !!!!

Go Go Ninja !!

Anything is POSSIBLE... sowing the seeds of love"
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
SVT literature says it drops backpressure by 40% over stock 2" V6 exhaust...got to be "some" power gains but not sure how much..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
Back pressure applyies to old V8's. The most important thing in new small engine cars is the pulse rate of the exhaust. Thats why for the 2.0 zetec 2.25 exhaust is the best option instead of 3" however the dual set up messe the pulse rate a little. It will gain but not as much as a single outlet. That is why you dont see many 3" dulas on these cars or anyother SCC for that matter unless they are running turbos and still on the zetec unless your over 300 ho 2.5 is sitll better for a turbo setup.

95 Tour ATX Zetec EGR Block OFF Polished TB Polishe Vavle cover Energy suspension Greaseable sway bar bushings Front and rear Red interior lights 1/2 done Home made short ram intake Custom Grills Watch this space grow
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
Back pressure is still relevent to all exhaust design. The primary issue is exhaust gas velocity...backpressure slows velocity, too big a pipe or too small can slow velocity, matching pulses can increase velocity etc.

Less backpresure is always benificial. However, a 5" pipe, while having low backpressure will have too much velocity loss = less power. BUT not because it has too little backpressure.

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
FWIW, my butt dyno sez my Zetec pulls harder thru the mid and upper ranges than before...

I'm here for a good time, not a long time. '96 GL Zetec ATX (R.I.P.) '86 Mustang LX ragtop (wants to be 5.0 when it grows up) '96 Dodge Stratus '95 Mercury Sable wagon
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Loco4G63 

Link Copied to Clipboard