Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
This is as far as I am with my rear suspension rebuild. Right now I am just waiting for the rear struts for my BAT kit and I will be able to put it all back together.

I have boxed in the subframe for the aussie bar, and have gone to all radius rod arms with rod ends. Im not to sure how well it is going to handle at first but its all test and tune for now and making a lot of changes probably.
-Matt

98 Silver Frost SVT Frostie
B
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
B
You are one step ahead of me.

Question - how are you going to locate the end links for the sway bar on your new front lower control arm? Looks nice so far, post more pics as progress is made. Also, where are you sourcing your hardware/radius arms?

I'll have some pics of my subframe reinforcement/custom rear suspension up soon.

S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
Bicycle, the sway bar mounting part I have not quite figured out yet. I have it all bolted up right now with the subframe, but since my struts arent here I cant put the arms in place and drop it off the jacks. So I am going to wait until everything else is bolted up and the car is sitting on the ground so I can take some more measurements.
There is a race shop about 45 minutes from me that stocks about everything for dirt/ashpalt racing, I used radius arms from dirt track cars for mine.
-Matt

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Quote:

I have boxed in the subframe for the aussie bar,

I don't understand this. It looks like you have just welded in a backing plate that allows you to use 2-bolt sway bar brackets instead of the 1-bolt + a tab setup.

From my experience (and the experience of many others), you will now break the vertical strap piece - see the second picture, on the left side - the piece that runs from the subframe up to the weld nut.

Or am I missing something?

Anyway, the rest of the suspension looks really nice

-Kurt 50% of all people are below average.
S
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
S
From the picture it looks that way, however I welded a piece of metal on the other side of the tab to the subframe much like the factory one just a little beefier, along with another piece on the tab that houses the 2nd bolt. Thanks for the compliments.
-Matt

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard