Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
Has anyone exsperienced the plastic surround/housing for the interior door handle "snapping" out? when I pull the door shut the back( left if looking right at it ) comes out, I repeatedly push it back in but I know these plastic parts and has anybody found a way to keep it in place? maybe from the back side?

G
G
Which door (front or back)?

If I remember correctly, that part (on the front door) should be fastened with a screw. There should be a small cover (about 3/8" in diameter) covering the screw that can be popped off with a small screwdriver.

If I'm not wrong, the back doors should be the same!?!

1996 Contour SE Sedan 4D (Royal Blue)
Duratec V6 2.5L 24-valve DOHC
Automatic
75,000 miles
No Mods (unless you call the DMD a mod)
Replaced EGR valve (gunked up), EVR (EGR VR), PCV valve, and evaporative emissions hose (cracked).
C
C
Have you taken it off at all? Sometimes the wires for the windows and locks can push back on the surround in they are not in place correctly. I had that problem when I took mine off to paint them. I had to mess around with the wires a little to make the surround sit right. HTH

-Ken V.
psycho_bass@hotmail.com
My Car
G
G
Quote:
Originally posted by G Pappas:
Which door (front or back)?

If I remember correctly, that part (on the front door) should be fastened with a screw. There should be a small cover (about 3/8" in diameter) covering the screw that can be popped off with a small screwdriver.

If I'm not wrong, the back doors should be the same!?!
you are correct sir!
however, be careful when prying those little puppies off....you can scratch them up pretty good.

something that always works for me?
SILLY PUTTY!! Just stick some on the cover and yank! perfect every time!

S
S
You need to replace this cover there is a very thin recess in the back of the cover that hooks on to the handel assembly. This is easily broken (poor design) I have changed several on different cars.

M
M
Yeah, check to see if the little latch that holds it back is broken. If i remember correctly it is on the right side (when you are looking at it) The latch has to go in and connect first, then push the left side in. I need to go back into mine and make sure all of the door plugs are set back in and mess with those wires- mine keeps poppin out too.

99 SE Sport 2.5 Duratec
Spruce Green Metallic..
Aesthetic Only.... For Now

...the closest I will ever get to having a Turbo will be the Gillete Mach 3 variety!!!

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard