Next Thread
Print Thread
#649939 05/31/03 02:13 AM
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the transaxle ID numbers mean. I have a 98 contour with an ID number of F83P-DA. I really need to find out what these codes mean so that I can find out the difference between the 4 that are fitted to the 98 4 cyl contours. Any help would be appreciated. I already searched the archives and I couldn't find anything about it. Thank you.

98 ford contour CAI Strait pipe from cat back lots of neon future plans include Turbo and NOS and a body kit
#649940 05/31/03 02:15 PM
U
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
U
I ran into this also and there is very little information out there about these numbers on the ID Tag. Here is what I was able to find...

When looking at the ID tag, on the tranny, I have no information on the first row of numbers. The second row contains the model number(first 4 digits to the left) and assy number(the next six to right, ####-##). This is the number that you gave in your above post. Next is the bar code followed by one long number that is actually two numbers in one. The last four digits of this long number is the build date of the tranny. Everything before that makes up the serial number.

Sorry that I am not much help here. Only advice I have, is stay with the same build number and as close to your current build date if at all possible. Only other info I can add here is that the model number will only denote 4 and 6 cylinder models.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime
#649941 06/01/03 03:30 AM
R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
Originally posted by unisys12:
Only advice I have, is stay with the same build number and as close to your current build date if at all possible.

The BUILD DATE should be as close as humanly possible to TODAY'S DATE.
This insures that you have all of the latest upgrades from the factory.

Pete... 2004 Mercury Marauder 300A Black Clearcoat/Dark Charcoal LEATHER DOB 10/31/2003 DOP 1/2/2004 www.mercurymarauder.net

Moderated by  RoadRunner_dup1, unisys12 

Link Copied to Clipboard