Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
C
I just got my Koni struts shipped to my home and I have a few concerns.
The main purpose of this post is to help me varify whether my struts are new or used.
I have a few questions and observations and any input would be greatly appreciated.

1. Were your struts wrapped in any type of protective plastic?
2. I noticed that there were a few chips in the paint up near the perch on all 4 struts front and rear. Was this the same for anyone else?
3. I noticed a change in colour or rust on the inner rod where the firmness is adjusted.

Maybe I am just paranoid and comments would help!

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Mine weren't wrapped in anything, just in the box with the cardboard holders. No chips, no rust.
Who'd you them from??
mikey

99 SVT (Black) # 2642 of 2760 So Many Mods...So Little Time!!
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
not wrapped, there weren't paint chips or anything, I don't know, they looked and smelled new. . .I didn't smell it, but you know what I'm saying. . .

I
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
I
mine were not wrapped, had a couple of paint scratches, but the paint was so fresh it was still soft and still smelled.

contours, deloreans & fiats, oh my!
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
i got mine used and while they are in great working condition, there is much visible wear on the paint and koni logos. in fact the logos are pretty faded.

J
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
J
Mine were all chipped up. They shook loose in the boxes. Go to the parts store. School Bus Yellow Time! They'll send you new stickers no charge if you need them.

Black '99 Contour SE Sport S-AFC II | 7" S&B Filter w/Cold Air Box | Ford Racing Wires Yo-Dude wye & Exhaust | Konis | Roush Springs | DMD F&R Strut Tower Braces | BAT 21mm Rear Torsion Bar Poly Bushings | Alum. Dbl. Wing | SP Powerset
B
Addicted CEG\'er
Addicted CEG\'er
B
Yeah, where did you get them from. Should have contacted orey here on the boards, great guy to deal with.

www.ChicagoCEG.com 2006 White Grand Prix
H
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
H
thats corey, for anyone interested

Hugo AIM:omegazodiac 95 gl & 99 contour svt #1750/2760 my profile pics stuff for sale
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
i just got some springs and struts from batinc and they looked used too. but, I noticed little red paint specs all over in the bottom of the box, guess they didnt seperate them good enough, they got all banged up.

95 SES Sold 99 SE Sport Sold 99 SVT T-Red Tan Interior. K&N, Magnecors, 19' Theorys, And some audio stuff.

Moderated by  Andy W._dup1, Auto-X Fil 

Link Copied to Clipboard