Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
E
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
E
*raises hand*

I'm interested

-Endo -1998 Contour SVT 17" ADR RS Limited Mase in white with 215/45/17 Kumho 712's -1990 Camaro 355 TPI/5-speed
C
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
C
any updates?

ttt.........

--Chris-- 1999 Silver Frost SVT #1671 of #2760
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
I'm in the market for a y-pipe anyways, but a true dual exhaust would be better. I'm interested, but need to see how the prototype system pans out.

Originally posted by LUCA:
Yep. You can be Phil too if you'd like.

M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
I'm interested... but my main concern is money ... how much is a small deposit and how much is the total package going to be ?

'98 SVT E0 Silver -TRENDWHORE! Selling out never felt so good!
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
this is just a guess..but a good one at that... 100 bucks deposit.. system will be around 8 or 9

Black 98.5 SVT "Kellie" First rule of italian driving: What is behind you, DOESN'T matter
T
New CEG\'er
OP Offline
New CEG\'er
T
UPDATE:

well im gald to see the interest is still there for the kits. here's the plan now... 6 months ago, we didnt have the time to even consider the kit. now we have time to consider the kit and see there is still interest in the kit. in the coming weeks, we'll actually have a car on the lift and see what our best plan of attack will be. our only major concern is one that has already been raised, which is placement of the x-pipe. mufflers, tube size, tips, are all easy variables, LOL.

so as for now, hang tight for the next few weeks, and we'll see what we can come up with. after the car is up and we have a design, we will have more concrete info for price, style, options, etc.

have a great weekend guys
PS: during this process, we also plan on having 01+ y-pipes available. and for those not interested in the true dual kits, dont forget we also have our new "resonated duals" already available. TruBendz "Contour Kits"

josh
TruBendz Tech.

JOSH TruBendz Technology trubendz@aol.com http://www.trubendz.com
B
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
B
With your true dual design what are you doing with the Y-pipe? Are you making the system that includes the tubing to bolt right up to the exhaust manifolds. I had previously thought that that brullen equal length Y with the Y cut off would be good for a true dual because maybe the equal lengths would help line up the exhaust pulses... but then again, I really don't know if that's a sound theory.

04 Subaru WRX "Eurosport bling bling fast and furious tokyo drift" "They have diarrhea of the mouth, and constipation of thought"
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
I want one!!!!!!!!

1998 Silver Frost CSVT #4014 Some mods My car
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Josh, what year contour are you using for the mock up? There is a change in piping between the 98s and the 99+ IIRC. Check out the Brullen group buy and don't let the same thing happen to these kits!

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
I would strongly advise against 2.25" piping. Far too larger for 99.999137% of the Duratecs out there.

I'd recommend 2" piping.

Will there be a balance pipe?
Proper placement of an X-pipe is not going to happen so a balance pipe for sound purposes (and likely a little mid range power) would be a good idea.

What is the weight disadvantage of true duals following the stock routing?

BTW - those asking for true duals for a 4 cylinder might want to go out and count their exhaust manifolds and cylinder heads. If the come up with more then one. It's NOT a 4-cylinder! Otherwise one bank equals one exhaust pipe.

Also those asking for true duals that have one exit are missing the ENTIRE point of having TRUE DUALS. Using a Y-pipe to make the 2 pipes into one is just as inefficient as stock and aalso not True Duals!

True Duals = seperate pipes for each bank.

Also bringing up the brullen "equal length" is not the right idea to have.

Equal length is great if the bends are equal as well otherwise the pipe length will have to change in relation to the bends thus negating the whole "equal length" design theory.

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  1314_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard