Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
G
GTmatt Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Hi there,

I was refered to this site through corral.net. I'm having issues with my contour. I've got a leak that seems like it's GOT to have an easy explination. I posted this problem on the corral, and had one of the guys host my pics of the problem area. What do you guys think?
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297128

Thanks,
Matt

R
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
R
So you have a 2.0 Zetec of unknown year that leaks oil from this.

Have you actually seen it come out of there?
That should be a blind hole if it's an extra boss.

No wait, shouldn't there be a bolt in there!

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it" -George Santayana
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
so ummm where is the oil at?

2003 Subaru WRX some mods Even if you don't have the answer, you certainly have to admire the problem. aka ZetecRacing
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
You are missing a bolt in that hole! That is your oil pump assembly, it runs off the crankshaft. You must have inadvertantley removed it when you changed water pumps. One more thing, you can use a Motorcraft FL-820s oil filter, it is made by Purolator and is exactly like you "Pure One", but cost about half.

Last edited by JasonL; 05/22/03 03:19 PM.
G
GTmatt Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks for the help guys (and the tip on the oil filter) So I just need a bolt (phew!!) anybody know what size it is?

Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
Originally posted by JasonL:
You are missing a bolt in that hole! That is your oil pump assembly, it runs off the crankshaft. You must have inadvertantley removed it when you changed water pumps. One more thing, you can use a Motorcraft FL-820s oil filter, it is made by Purolator and is exactly like you "Pure One", but cost about half.

You can't use a FL-820S oil filter on a zetec. It's too big. I for got what the number is but you can check the autoparts stores.

Irfan Rahim irfman2000@yahoo.com 2006 Blue Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V Former owner of a silver 2000 Contour SE Sport ATX
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Sorry, you're right. It is a FL-200. The FL-820 is for the V-6 Either way it is still a Purolator. I have a picture from the ford service manual that shows the oil pump and says "2 bolts REQUIRED" pointing to the hole where you're leaking oil. I can't figure out how to post the picture or I would.

G
GTmatt Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Well, I bought the bolt, and guess what? Problem solved! woo hoo! Thanks for the help guys.

Matt

M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Zetec's will fit FL-400s, the same filter my SHO takes. But on the SHO I use FL-1A. Its bigger than the 820s in size. I don't know if there is enough room for one on a Zetec...

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts

Moderated by  horseydug_dup1, Ray_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard