Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Bullet Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
I'm talking about the gauge surround. It looks like it is glued on, but I don't want to break anything while taking it apart. Anybody know a good way to do it?
Here's a pic of what I'm talking about.

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
probably a dremel man, i think the clear is glued onto the black, i tried ripping mine off and it cracked a lil bit. u might be able to use a dremel or something to cut it open but im not sure man....what u want to do? paint it?

'99 ČoňtôúŔ SE Kenwood KDC-MPV7019 AudioBahn AW1206T Flame Q Sub AudioBahn 1300HCQ Amp Blue LED Switches and HVAC
A
b0x @dm1n
b0x @dm1n
A
You want to removed the gauge lense from the gauge bezel!

-Andy

Andy W. The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
S
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
S
IIRC there are 4 or so tabs you push in on the lens then you can slide it out of the bezel....

2000 SVT Turbo 295hp/269ftlb@12psi #1 for Bendix Brakes Kits! Knuckles rebuilt w/new bearings $55 AUSSIE ENDLINKS $70 Gutted pre-cats $80/set A lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine!
B
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
B
I broke mine during the indiglo install and it cost $50 to replace! I think in addition to the obvious tabs, some are melted together like in the front oval grill, so be careful!

2000 CSVT #1172 of 2150 Toreador Red Birthday 1/4/2000 *Drop in K&N/FMS Wires/AutolitePP Plugs *Sylvania SilverStar/Indiglo Gauges *Pioneer Premier P730/Sound by Audiobahn *White HVAC Panel/Elky Mesh Mod/35% tint
B
Bullet Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
B
Originally posted by DankBud:
probably a dremel man, i think the clear is glued onto the black, i tried ripping mine off and it cracked a lil bit. u might be able to use a dremel or something to cut it open but im not sure man....what u want to do? paint it?

Yeah I'm gonna paint it body color.
It is already removed from the gauge bezel. All that you see in the pic is the clear lense attached to the gauge surround. I'll probably see if I can get a used one to practice on.

1996 MM Zetec, ATX 192000 kms...not dead, but I'm not fixing it White people love Wayne Brady because he makes Bryant Gumbel look like Malcolm X.
B
New CEG\'er
New CEG\'er
B
The clear cover really does just lift off after you release the 4 tabs holding it. If I remember right two had to be done first then lift it just a little then the other two and it comes right off.

99 Black SVT #290 of 2760
H
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
H
I painted mine body color. There are a few spots that are melted together that need to be ground off. Dremel with fiber disk is the best choice. Just be carefull with the top part because you will have to pry a little bit. Go SLOW with it and watch the edges.

-Chris

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard