Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
D
Ditka83 Offline OP
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
D
Well, you asked for one so here it is.

This thread is for discussing the movie so if you haven't seen it and don't want to know what happens, don't read this!

I am curious to hear what peoples thoughts are about end of the film and the discussion between the Architect and Neo. Personally, with how many other things are proved to be not what they seemed in the movie, I question whether or not that is the real Architect. It doesn't match the history Morpheus gives Neo in the first film. Morpheus says that the creator of the Matrix is the one who freed the first humans and started the resistance movement. The Architect seems to be, at least on some level, hostile to Neo and tries to dictate to him what his course of action should be. I don't know, what do you guys think?

1997 Pontiac Grand Prix SE 3800
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
gosh i hope bo one that hasn't seen it reads this...i am scared to talk about it! lol I would hate to ruin for anyone else...I think I will wait a few days before I give my answer to the ending. you have to keep three things in mind though......the council, neo's choice and the oracle. It all comes together after that.

Whooosh?
F
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
F
No. In the first movie, Morpheus said there was a man in the "Beginning" that freed the first of them. We now know that he is referring to the "one" that preceeded Neo. Remember, they've done this six times.

It's just a sadistic method of control for the machines. They give the humans this false sense of hope, and then go destroy it.

Chris Hinds AIM:CJ111010 1998 Contour GL Duratec 5-Spd #565/???? 15.610 @ 89.62mph And I payed for it all myself
A
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
A
Originally posted by Ditka83:
Morpheus says that the creator of the Matrix is the one who freed the first humans and started the resistance movement.

I beleive that's correct. If you recall, the Architect said that the Oracle came up with a "solution" for the "anomaly" that made the original matrix unstable. That "solution" involved giving people a choice as to whether they wanted to live in the matrix or not. Those who chose not to were sent to Zion. However, as Zion's popualtion grew the people started to rise up and fight the machines. The purpose of the "One" is to give the people a false hope while the machines destroy Zion and then rebuild with the "One's" assistance.

So what was everyones favorite action sequence? I really thought the whole car chase was spectacular. (Seeing as the action sequences are what this movie is all about )

T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Did anyone else get the feeling it was like Return of the Jedi when inside Zion? It definately had a different feel than the first episode. Not bad but just different. I'm still trying to figure out the role of the guy that was about to stab Neo. The lone survivor. It can't be a "plant" of the Matrix.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
K
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by todras:
I'm still trying to figure out the role of the guy that was about to stab Neo. The lone survivor. It can't be a "plant" of the Matrix.

Isn't that the guy that became an agent, but looked like the human he took over? What if Neo really isn't the savior, but a way to give the humans false hope. Although, that wouldn't make sense either. Or does it? The conversation with the Architect really confused me. It seems like he was using alot of big words, but not actually saying anything.

Ken PackRat is my hero!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Ok I forgot about the beginning where he did go through the phone. I was using a big vocab for sure. I understood some of it. I need to watch it couple more times. The writers get huge props for that scene. I'd actally like to read parts of the script.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by todras:
I'm still trying to figure out the role of the guy that was about to stab Neo. The lone survivor. It can't be a "plant" of the Matrix.

the one who wanted to stab neo was in fact Agent (well not rogue now) Smith. Recall that two rebels were feeling from agents with a message for Neo. One escaped thru the hardline whereas ther was one left who fought agent smith. Agent smith "stabbed" him with his fist and replicated himself.

THis replication then went thru the hardline taking over mind ad body of the rebel. Agent smith gained aphysical form.

*EDIT* no one had replied when i read that... replies wer posted asi was writing.

Last edited by gSto; 05/16/03 02:38 PM.

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
G
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by klavender:
What if Neo really isn't the savior, but a way to give the humans false hope.

the architect stated that Neo had a choice of doors. Unlike his predassesors (god i butchered that spelling) Neo chose the door that would destroy man-kind but save Trinity for the time being.

If he had NOT chosen the door he did...mankind would AGAIN be enslaved, and the whole process would start over. This was the machines way of controling the anomaly, since they had no solution to solving the flaw in the program.

The architect DID state that the anomaly was a potential threat to the matrix...and he now became that rogue threat. he chose the "OTHER" door, thus distrupting the flow of possibly centuries of war. It's now up to the physical world (and the world in the Matrix) to once and for all free themselves.

(this is obviously not fact...but rather how i saw it)

95'Contour GL 2.5L (JUNKED!) ~~~ [Current Car] 1995 Ford Mustang 5speed [Upcoming Car] 2002 Trans Am WS6 (Black on Black)
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
Who needs plot?

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard