Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
L
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
L
This isn't anything at all bad about the forum, I just kind of need to vent. And I know that people have been dealing with much more serious things lately, such as death or depression, but this is something really important to me, and I just need to let this out.

I'm 19 right now, and I am going to be a junior at Loyola Marymount university in Santa Monica, CA. For those of you that had never heard of this place before, it's a very good school, but its also about $30k a year. And while my family makes decent money, we have a lot of loans to pay off, and we can use every bit of financial aid the school gives me.

The school only gave me one thing, and that was a scholarship for $5,000 a year, the only requirement being that I maintain a 3.0 each semester.

I just finished my finals last Friday, and I figured at worst, I had 3.0, and at best, maybe a 3.4. My normal range...now I just saw the grades for 4 of my 5 classes. Two of the classes I thought I got A's in I got B+'s, and in 2 classes I thought I had B's in I got a C+ and a C. No matter what my grade is in the last class, the highest my GPA can be now is a 2.9. So basically, I lost my scholarship. I don't know how I'm going to tell my parents, and I'm just really disappointed in myself and my teachers right now. We're really tight on money right now, so I really screwed up....this is the worst possible situation that could have happened gradewise.

I read these grades 5 minutes ago. And I'm in total shock right now...I didn't mean to [censored] and moan, but i really didn't know where else to turn. Like I said, I know there are things a lot more important, like what's been going on with other CEG'ers lately, but I just screwed up bad...

Ride 1:Black '98 SVT(The Hottie) #85 of 6535 DOB: April 1, 1997 Full Stereo, 17's, and a drop One of a kind body work.... For sale Ride 2: '90 Honda Accord EX(The Hooptie) Pending sale... I'm becoming a troll!
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
Complain to the profs if you feel you didn't deserve those grades. If that doesn't work then go to the dean. Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
J
Definitely do this. I got a B raised to an A after raising holy hell to a professor back in the day...

Just make SURE you have a strong and valid argument before going in.

JaTo e-Tough Guy Missouri City, TX 99 Contour SVT #143/2760 00 Corvette Coupe
A
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
A
In addition to having a good argument; ensure that your grades are correct. Teachers have lots of students, mistakes are made. I save all my midterms and important grades just in case.

-Giovanni One turbocharger. Two intercoolers. All love.
S
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
S
i don't mean to rain on your parade, but i made the same "mistake" if you would call it when i went to school. if you still can, get out of that school for now with "GOOD STANDING". then take your gen eds @ a school where ALL of the credits will be able to transfer over to the school that you are currently attending. reason being, i paid $25k/year for gen eds. THEY'RE THE EXACT SAME THINGS. well at least in my experience they are, gen eds are just that, gen eds. then after finishing that up, go back to your current school and finish off your major. i am currently in the process of back peddling, and i tell ya, the longer you wait, the harder it gets. do it now if you can, infact, take summer classes if you can. either way, this is the suggestion that i would give you. just make sure that you do finish school off and temporarly leave ur current school w/ good standing. good luck...pm me if you have any ?'s.

Spec 23 99 SVT No Mods (can't afford to void the extended warranty)
D
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
D
That's tough. You are going to be very close to the 3.0, even a 1/2 letter grade change may get your B.. so it is worth talking to each of the professors. Tell them the story & ask to double check the grade, possibly even re-review a critical final exam. I would suggest the diplomatic route as opposed to the "you screwed me" approach.

If that fails would personally talk with the scholarship administrator...maybe they will cut you some slack if you get 3.5 or better next quarter..or something.

You seem like a responsible person, I think you've got a shot. You have nothing to lose by trying..

1999 Amazon Green SVT Contour (#554/2760) "People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." -Soren Kierkegaard (as posted by Jato)
J
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
J
Have you thought about talking to the peron(s) who decide on scholarship eligblity?

Make sure you have valid reasons, but maybe a talking to them could help you not loose it.

Link Copied to Clipboard