Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
P
Dave that is Brian aka Tweek on Fast4doors.

I know Rick was nervous about the dyno. We all expected something to happen whether it be an outstanding dyno graph or an outstanding melt down. I personally expected the worst especially with Rick's shirt "unlucky". Deffinitely thought the first pull the car was spinning hard on the dyno and just tached out. Then I look over to my buddy with this "what the hell" look and he stares back with a "oh s---" look. Then found out it was slipping the clutch. The clutch Rick was running is kevlar and with those clutches you must get them extremely warm. After the driver on the dyno did a couple minutes of slipping the clutch on the dyno, it still wouldn't hold up. I say even though he is sponsored by Ram to go with a Spec clutch.

Rick put down around 215-220 FWHP and 240 FWTQ @ 4,500 RPMs. Which would have an outcome of 300+ FWHP and 270+ FWTQ. At least that is what I would come up with comparing it to other S/Ced dyno graphs.

All in all the car held up very well with the abuse it was given. Rick good job and can't wait to see what it finally puts down with a good clutch.

Sam 1998 SVT Contour- SOLD 2002 Mustang GT - 406 RWHP/391 RWTQ 12.1 @ 115 MPH
V
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
V
This is Brian aka Tweek on the fast4doors board.

Don't worry about Ricks car when it hit the rev limiter...it was running rich. The guy that keep opening his mouth and saying it was running lean didn't know what he was taking about and he sure didn't know how to read a A/F graph.

Hope all goes well for you Rick.

2002 Mustang GT H&R, Bilstein, NX, K&N, Bassani, and Prochamber 03 Cobra wheels, Goodyear Eagles: 275 fronts, 315 rears 325HP and 433 ft-lbs at the wheels Old Car: 2000 SVT #463/2150 Best #'s - 268.5HP and 275.8 ft-lbs at the wheels
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Wow that's a lot of TQ for a S/C'd car...

How small a pulley was on there???
If not that small we need to have a talk about this good TQ showing... (electric W/P???) I take good notes...

Kevlar clutch eh...

2000 SVT #674 13.47 @ 102 - All Motor! It was not broke; Yet I fixed it anyway.
K
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
K
Originally posted by DemonSVT:
Wow that's a lot of TQ for a S/C'd car...

How small a pulley was on there???
If not that small we need to have a talk about this good TQ showing... (electric W/P???) I take good notes...

Kevlar clutch eh...

Pulley is the 2.87" and the TQ I would tribute to the IC if he did infact get it on in time. The clutch worries me a bit, I have a UR Stage 1+ w/ Kevlar

Previous Owner of 00 SVT Contour #1077/2150 95 Contour SE '01 3L
J
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
J
Sweet numbers Rick. Love the TQ.

I might be talking out of my a$$, but I'm assuming the runs were made in 4th gear....

Would running the dyno in 3rd instead of 4th put less stress on the clutch?

-J

'98 4Runner
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
Originally posted by VenomSVT:
This is Brian aka Tweek on the fast4doors board.

Don't worry about Ricks car when it hit the rev limiter...it was running rich. The guy that keep opening his mouth and saying it was running lean didn't know what he was taking about and he sure didn't know how to read a A/F graph.

Hope all goes well for you Rick.

Haha, add me to that list of one of the one's that didn't understand the A/F graph either All I saw was the bar graph dropping like an anvil so I figured the car was going lean when the clutch slipped. The Maximas go seriously lean when something like a clutch slip happens so I figured the CSVT was no different.

As for running in 3rd instead of 4th, I believe they tried that and the same thing happened.

Dave

black 96 Maxima SE Best ET/MPH: 14.31@99.3mph with a 2.18 60' JDM intake manifold, ECU, intake, y-pipe, muffler
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
They start the pull around 1800/2200 rpm in 4th WOT, the clutch just kept getting blown away around the 4300-5000 rpm range. I don't have the graph to exactly tell the points. I know they were somewhere in there. I don't know if it would or would not have.

They did spend a good amount of time working the clutch to get some heat in it. I think Rick said she only had 300+ miles on the clutch??? I think this should be pretty easy to figure out. Now I didn't say it would be that way taking it all apart

Merlin 2000 Z-28 White Star A4 13.91@102mph Sold 89GT,99SVT Contour 172hp/161tq, 94 ZX-6, 90LX 281hp/324lbs
L
CEG road warrior
CEG road warrior
L
Very nice Rick!

Hector 2003 Rally Red Mitsubishi Evolution VIII 257HP/259TQ 2005 Lapis Blue Mazda 6s RET: 00 Cabernet Red Ford Contour Zetec ATX SUPERCHARGED 160HP/141TQ
B
Learned patience the hard way
Learned patience the hard way
B
Well, it was exciting and disspointing and nerve racking all at the same time. The corect numbers are 209.9 HP and 239 torque at 4500 RPMS. A/F shows 12:1 at 4500 on the dyno graph. Pulley is 2.87, no intercooler set up yet. I ran out of time trying to get it on.

I dropped my clutch guys an email this morning to see if they can figure it out. I'm confident they can so we shall see. I switched to the kevlar on their recommendation over the cintered bronze I had in last time.

The current plan is to get the clutch sorted out and then re-dyno and tune at ford 100 years next month in Detroit.

Rick

Owner of 00 #1611 Silver (Totalled) 98.5 T-Red SVT #6180 Buckshot77@msn.com Misc 3L parts for sale
B
Redneck Troll
OP Offline
Redneck Troll
B
I'm sure that the clutch just needed more break in time with around town driving. Highway miles just don't do much at all for break in. Stop and go traffic gets the best heat tempering into the clutch material.

The high TQ number could be attributed in part to the slipping clutch starting to let go, much like the flash stall torque jump on an automatic trans dyno run. Though Rick's car should get much more than a normal SC'ed 3L (like there's anything to compare to other than Kinger's anyway ) because of all of the extras Rick has added on like smaller pulley, headers, and P&P heads, nobody will know for sure what it will put down until the next try at a tune.

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  mbb41_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard