Next Thread
Print Thread
#630558 05/10/03 02:14 AM
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Well yet another SVT has died of oil loss. 7mile w ramp from 275 North, high revs, 2/3 of the way around, sudden loss of power, no cel or oil lights. At first I thought it was the IMRC, as it has been failing more with the warmer weather, however then I heard the noises.

I was 2 miles from McDonald ford, and I limped it there. The said they would work on it, if I insisted, but strongly recomended me to a some race engine guy at Bill Brown. So it was towed there.

Question: Where is that huge post on dead duratecs, I searched but couldn't find it.

Oh and fyi's
Mobil1 5-30/0-40&M1 filter every 5k, DMD and seal installed 2kmiles ago, they said I was down 2q, but I had no oil spots anywhere. I also have a premium care warrantee. AutoXd only once.

Oh and I heard noises from the engine both top (valve cover) and bottom (oil pan), would have posted yesterday, but I was out being pissed.

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
K
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
K
Sorry to hear about your engine. As far as that post goes I don't know where it is either but I do remember the post about the Duratec being tested by a guy at Roush and it said that at 5K the motor had less than a pint of oil in the pan. The "fix" was to add another 2/3 of a quart of oil instead of recalling every car w/ the Duratec and fitting them with the correct oil pan, imagine that Maybe this special mechanic can slip one of those "special" 3.0L's in there Good luck and let us know how it went and what they gave you to drive in the meantime, atleast you don't have to pay for a rental car when you have an SVT and/or ESP

"THEE" Roger R USMondeo@aol.com 2005 Crossfire Limited coupe' -FOR SALE @buyout price & I'll... -throw in my 93' Regal as winter car *Dragon Run 06'...Oct 12-15th* Puur-fection Auto Detailing Complete packages from $140.00
M
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
M
Thats why I've got my DMD!!!

Born again on 04/09/06 FOR SALE: Moonroof glass and motor MB sunshade PM ME!
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Its also why I got my DMD... Note to self, remember to have them switch DMD over, and gator belt.

Geoff C. Turner 99 Black SVT -mine 99 Blue SE V6 ATX -mom's 96 Black SE MTX -sister's All with 278mm front rotors
T
I have no life
I have no life
T
DMD isn't going to do sh!t if you're 2 qts low.

-'96 SE MTX 3L -'98 SVT 1,173 of 6,535 -'05 Mazda 6s, loaded, g/f's ride -Need a 96-00 manual on CD? PM or email me
J
Flaming Biker Dude
Flaming Biker Dude
J
Originally posted by todras:

I have ran that low befoer

People suck. Rev it till it MELTS.....
M
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
M
Thats sucks, best of luck to you.

99 Blk SE Sport 2.5 CD4E Euro Focus SVT Wheels 5 % tint Mesh Grilles w/indiglo ford KKM intake filter FMS 9mm wires Superchip Signal mirrors Fog lamp mod Dingless A6 sidemarkers Duals SVT springs/struts
G
CEG\'er
OP Offline
CEG\'er
G
Originally posted by todras:

I had no clue I was down any.

I guess the lesson is to check your oil, even if you have no reason whatsoever to think its low.

Does anyone know where that huge dead duratec post is? I know most people were down about 1-2q, but I want to see if other people knew they were down oil.

T
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
T
First, sorry to hear about your SVT, Geoff. I hope your 'recovery' goes quickly.

So a thought to prevent this occuring(currently installing a DMD) is to overfill by a quart at oil change? If anyone has the dead Duratec article pls post link and I will take my question there.

O
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
O
I was less than 2 qts low last week, this week the 3L is going in....

Plain-jane 3.0L supercharged E0 FOR SALE OR TRADE FOR STOCK SVT PLUS CASH WTB- 36# return injectors

Moderated by  WorldTour_dup1 

Link Copied to Clipboard