Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S
With the noise and performance drop, I know my engine has something really wrong with it. I am doing a 3L in the near future, but I don't want to rush it just to get a 3L in my car just to have a 3L....I can wait to do it correctly. Rather then continue on my 'in-car' repair, I'm going to pull it to do it right.
I'll be pulling the motor and transmission in about a month anyway for the HMS MTX75........

Basicly I want to do a "cheap thrills" type of build up on my 2.5L.
Ported & polished heads
gutted and optimized exhaust manifolds
gutted and P&P LIM
P&P 3L UIM, optimized TB
upgraded bearings, rings, gaskets and seals
DMD
custom chip

Any other ideas? Keep in mind I want to keep this all low cost and plan on doing everything myself....except for the custom burned chip

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
D
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
D
as for as a cheap bild up, id just fo the meads, that shuld gve you a decent gain. cheapest gain would e 450 bucks for NO2, especiallyif yur goin to bid the bottom en an way. i got myphane and internet turned of, i was goin to change my servie to comcast, it cheaper, then find out theydont have serviceinmy area for aother 3 to 6 weeks, s i wont have regular access to the internet for awhile. but you got my numbe s give m a cll if ya need anything.this keyboard suks, not al th letters i type are showng up!!!

98 SVT, silver frost, with blue graphics.
M
CEG\'er
CEG\'er
M
Originally posted by DocSVT:
as for as a cheap bild up, id just fo the meads, that shuld gve you a decent gain. cheapest gain would e 450 bucks for NO2, especiallyif yur goin to bid the bottom en an way. i got myphane and internet turned of, i was goin to change my servie to comcast, it cheaper, then find out theydont have serviceinmy area for aother 3 to 6 weeks, s i wont have regular access to the internet for awhile. but you got my numbe s give m a cll if ya need anything.this keyboard suks, not al th letters i type are showng up!!!

????
Have you been celebrating something?

2000 T-Red SVT, #562/2150
D
Hard-core CEG'er
Hard-core CEG'er
D
Originally posted by Swazo:

Basicly I want to do a "cheap thrills" type of build up on my 2.5L.
Ported & polished heads
gutted and optimized exhaust manifolds
gutted and P&P LIM
P&P 3L UIM, optimized TB
upgraded bearings, rings, gaskets and seals
DMD
custom chip

Uh, is it me or does anyone else think these mods will bring Swazo way beyond "cheap thrills." I think I might classify it as "pee your pants it's so fast" kind of thrills.

Derek Scion xB 5-spd Previous: 2000 Silver Frost SVT Please share the road with cyclists.
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S

It won't be "fast" unless I learn a bit more about NOS. For some reason, I've never even wanted to learn about it was I never planned on using it. That all might distract me from my final goal, which is a well built 3L......eventually

Here she is right before it started to rain.....

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
NOS? Huh...What's that you say..A brand of Nitrous (n2o).

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by FLuiDSVT:

OMG leave him alone, he just said he really didn't think about it b4. Personally I don't want power like n2o, rather have turbo or supercharger. But the n2o is cheaper and easier to install, plus you can have the a/c on this summer.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
S
Swazo Offline OP
Hard-core CEG'er
OP Offline
Hard-core CEG'er
S

Yup, like I said I've never really looked into it......does it show?

W
Hard-core CEG\'er
Hard-core CEG\'er
W
Originally posted by Swazo:

Yup, like I said I've never really looked into it......does it show?

Hey it's all cool baby, I got you covered like a jimmyhat.

1999 Contour SE Duratec ATX My feet and the Stra�Ÿenbahn http://www.tempo-topaz-performance.com/topazsho/ the coolest Topaz ever! To bad it's not mine
F
Veteran CEG\'er
Veteran CEG\'er
F
Just bustin the rice balls for fun Swazo...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  GTO Pete 

Link Copied to Clipboard